Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Default Re: Official Sprint Tri-Band LTE Phone Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by VW Maverick View Post
    You'd think it would, and it does to a certain extent, but I am going to get the LG G2 when released on 11/08 and not look back.
    It is more poweful, bigger screenand a better battery than the S4.
    I am very glad that more Tri-Band phones are being released by Sprint.
    Things are looking up.

Mav.
    i thought i read on their site it was the 25th of october it was coming out?

At launch, only Band 25 will be active. Bands 26 and 41 will be available "post launch" per info from Sprint.
    If you can get the phone's MSL code, you can go in and activate the other Bands on your own.
    An OTA update will likely come down the pike when Sprint is ready to make all Bands active for everyone.
    For the unwashed masses/general public, I would like to think that the handoff would be seemless to avoid confusion, lost signals & data, etc.

Mav.
    In places such as NYC LA SF CHI DEN MIA... Band 41 is already live and kicking so triband phones will be able to hop right on as theyre released atleast in these cities... I imagine 1st Gen phones will probably need some tinkering after release as some are liable hold onto weaker bands over falling to a lower band, not fall back to TD LTE when its signal is strong again, and such...it happens with all new Tech...sure Sprint can issue firmware updates to fix these issues, but the radios to have flawless performance out the box will probably take until 2nd 3rd Gen Triband devices..
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #153  

They are probably going to wait until it is more widespread before officially activating the other bands.
    I am just going by the info in the Sprint LG G2 app:

Mav.

Sent from Torchwood

I am polymerized tree sap and you are an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #154  

Quote Originally Posted by HopelesslyFaithful View Post
    i thought i read on their site it was the 25th of october it was coming out?
    Unfortunately, that was an ugly rumor until the official date was announced.
    Friday, November 8th is the day.

Mav.

I am polymerized tree sap and you are an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.

Global Posts
    1,566 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB

There are 2 more phones confirmed you can add to the mix of tri band devices. HTC One Max and the Galaxy S4T
    7cf26b0d

Unfortunately, that was an ugly rumor until the official date was announced.
    Friday, November 8th is the day.

Mav.

than that must be the preorder date....i say it on some page on sprints site.

any news on the GS4 LTE triband and one max release days? #$%&$%&$%*

AP had a story that 22,500 G2s were stolen from sprint -_- i will be pissed if that jacks up the launch date!!!!!!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #158  

Thanked by:
    HopelesslyFaithful likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #159  

Thanked by:

i will be looking at the new phones this Friday or Saturday so i am excited ^^ Anyone know where to find that info to unlock your phone to use triband? I heard in Chicago it is up but you need to change some stuff it get it to work.

I'm hearing people who attempt to unlock, still are not able to access band 41 even though its live in their market. The S4 Mini and the Re-released S4(T) are going to be the only ones shipping with Spark (Triband) access right out the box. The One Max, and Mega will go live late Nov/early Dec. The G2 and the Nexus will not be until shortly after the New Year.

BTW the S4T will be announced Next Week with a release around the End of the month...from what I'm told.
    Last edited by lennyj17; 11-08-2013 at 08:24 AM.

mega is live today one max is not until later

well balls.....i was going to go to SERO/E+ and they totally removed the whole family plan programs....damn this is what i get for waiting for the tri-band phones -_- I hope i can at least keep my current plan and discount when upgrading to phones on this current plan...their new plans are ~60 dollars more a month -_-
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #164  

Default Re: Official Sprint Tri-Band LTE Phone Discussion Thread aka Sprint Spark

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-576...-get-hd-voice/

Mav.

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band LG G2.

Edit: Not sure on iPhones.
    Last edited by VW Maverick; 11-13-2013 at 11:45 AM.

Thanked by:

Default Re: Official Sprint Tri-Band LTE Phone Discussion Thread aka Sprint Spark

Sprint says 'all phones' next year will be triband, get HD voice | Mobile - CNET News

Mav.

Edit: Not sure on iPhones.
    one max drops in today. maverick do you live in Chicago or IL per chance? How is the G2 working out? Did you load a custom rom?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #166  

maverick do you live in Chicago or IL per chance? How is the G2 working out? Did you load a custom rom?
    I am in the Metro Atlanta area. My G2 is spectacular. Battery is a beast. Connecting to LTE around here is not a problem at all.
    Not rooted as of this moment. Not many custom ROMs out there yet so I may wait until there is one.
    Rooting w/o having a custom ROM gives some expanded options, but I am not needing any just yet.
    If I do root w/o a ROM, I will probably use this method: DroidViews | Root and Install TWRP Recovery on LG G2 (Verizon, AT&T, Sprint,T-Mobile, Bell & Rogers)

Mav.

Thanked by:

i will be looking at the new phones this Friday or Saturday so i am excited ^^ Anyone know where to find that info to unlock your phone to use triband? I heard in Chicago it is up but you need to change some stuff it get it to work.
    You can change/enable the LTE bands in the ##DATA# settings if you have your MSL code

Sent from LG G2

Quote Originally Posted by Utah_Utes_Man View Post
    You can change/enable the LTE bands in the ##DATA# settings if you have your MSL code

Sent from LG G2
    how do you get the MSL code?
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #170  

how do you get the MSL code?
    I initiated a Chat with a Sprint Rep online, today actually, and pleasantly asked for mine which was happily provided.
    You can also call.
    Mav.

Using the nexus 5 in Miami which is one of the cities with Spark....and I see no difference than when I have my S3. I have my phone set to preferred LTE.
    Do I need to change anything or Spark isn't "on" yet???

Posted via Android Central App

Spark isn't turned on in the nexus 5, it will get a update early next to year. You can turn on band 41 using your msl# but I don't think it will do anything.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by icewater106 View Post
    Spark isn't turned on in the nexus 5, it will get a update early next to year. You can turn on band 41 using your msl# but I don't think it will do anything.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app
    I see... Well hopefully then it will also enable simultaneous voice/data too 😒

Quote Originally Posted by ttwiitch View Post

Unless a software update can add an additional radio you're going to be out of luck with waiting for that. :-P

Quote Originally Posted by ttwiitch View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Unless a software update can add an additional radio you're going to be out of luck with waiting for that. :-P
    This.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast