1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Welcome to 4G NYC

New York 8/18/10. For the first time I noticed that my EVO showed 4G. It was at 9:25 PM. I came to NYC via GWB, and proceeded North on Broadway, when I saw 4G on my EVO. Stopped the car and tested the speed. It registered 2.83 Mbps upload. I didn’t test download speed. Approx. 20 blocks further North, at my friend’s apartment, EVO switched to 3G.
    Last edited by Exe44; 08-17-2010 at 11:36 PM.

Ya NYC should be getting more and more coverage. I get 4G in Jersey City all the time. I'm assuming the coverage is from either Lower Manhattan or Brooklyn towers. Though I was in Harlem, 167th n Amsterdam I believe, and didn't get any coverage. I guess they're starting to turn the switch up there now. Awesome!

I got 4g in Elmhurst today, Ran a speed test and got 4MBPS down and 0.91 Up.

Comon 4G Westcheser (Home), and Stamford (Work)

Default Re: Welcome to 4G NYC

How about the Bronx? Anyone know?

Nothing in long island so far. Impatiently waiting

Did they officially announce it? I've had 4G on and off in L.A. for 2 months but it's not consistent and hasn't been announced yet. They may just be testing it out.

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pjrake View Post
    I'm in the williamsbridge area of the bronx and I get one bar when I'm home.
    Last edited by Tragic; 08-18-2010 at 04:00 PM.
    "I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past"
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by rizorith View Post
    Did they officially announce it? I've had 4G on and off in L.A. for 2 months but it's not consistent and hasn't been announced yet. They may just be testing it out.
    They didn't make any announcement about nyc or westchester. only upstate New York.

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pjrake View Post
    I get it in the Bronx by Yankee stadium.

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

if you live in queens, I swear go to the LIRR station in Jamaica and you'll see unimaginable speeds...i got close to 8MBPS down and 1.1 upload. Also 4G works by Laguardia Community College in LIC but not very strong. In times square, i was able to get 3 mbps down and close to 1 upload. It's definately coming to NYC big time. The LIRR has been tested 3 times on 3 different days, I thought it was a fluke.

ROM
    Mikfroyo/netarchy sbc 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by AndroiduserT View Post
    Nothing in long island so far. Impatiently waiting
    same here -_-

In the bronx 170th 4 train - Yankee stadium are and in washington heights (181st area) i get 4G Full bars.

I get it in so many places in Queens. :-)

brooklyn: coney island, church ave, red hook,
    manhattan: midtown
    queens: jamaica,flushing,corona

as we are speaking i am in midtown recieving full 4g service all bars but it goes up and down and on and off

i must say 4g at 1 bar goes up to 4mbps and 1 up speed
    pretty damn fast and great for tethering