Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4G in South Florida

Seems we are starting to see 4G pop up all over Miami Dade and Broward County and rumors are that it will go live in October. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I need to put my Evo and soon the Epic to work.
    HTC Evo Baked 1.7
    Samsung Epic 4G Stock
    Dell Streak 16GB 2.1

I can confirm I got a good 4g signal today by n.w. 7 st n 37 ave in miami. I got 8.23 mpbs down n 0.93 up this afternoon.

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Driving in Fort Lauderdale on US1 (Federal HWY) between Oakland park and Commercial had 4g, got 3.8 mbps down and 0.88 mbps up. it was only a small area, but the internet and youtube was really fast.

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

SWEET!!!! great to hear with the Epic coming out soon and me moving to Broward as well. 4G probably won't come to my current location for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob62652 View Post
    I can confirm I got a good 4g signal today by n.w. 7 st n 37 ave in miami. I got 8.23 mpbs down n 0.93 up this afternoon.
    4G in Boynton Beach -)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob62652 View Post
    lucky, i live close to miracle mile and i don't receive any signal

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by goku_33 View Post
    Driving in Fort Lauderdale on US1 (Federal HWY) between Oakland park and Commercial had 4g, got 3.8 mbps down and 0.88 mbps up. it was only a small area, but the internet and youtube was really fast.
    My gf lives right by there. I'm hoping I can show off 4g to her dad when I go down there after I get the Epic. Looking to move down there, so this is just gravy.

i was able to pick up a sort of a 4g signal today while driving close to miracle mile in coral gables but it was weird, it had the 4g signal but it has an exclamation mark, it kept on popping up maybe 4 times but i never locked onto it

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i was able to pick up a sort of a 4g signal today while driving close to miracle mile in coral gables but it was weird, it had the 4g signal but it has an exclamation mark, it kept on popping up maybe 4 times but i never locked onto it
    J-

Nice to hear from you!

The Sensorly app lets you make and see street-level 4G maps. The online 4G map does not let you zoom in much. but gives you the general idea.
    Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓

Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    J-

Nice to hear from you!

The Sensorly app lets you make and see street-level 4G maps. The online 4G map does not let you zoom in much. but gives you the general idea.
    thanks man, im installing this now

Update: well i installed it couple minutes ago and it shows theres 4g around 8st and 22nd avenue to 8st st and 17 avenue, and funny thing was i saw no 4g at all around miami just a couple days ago, so hopefully 4g pops up in more places around me because i still havent connected to it. it would be awesome to have 4g at my house!
    Last edited by maxima2k53; 08-29-2010 at 01:20 AM.

Note that Sensorly shows all the places where towers have been found. Often while they are in testing they are on and off for several weeks. You may or may not see certain towers on any given day.
    Milo
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Well I have found 4G in a few places in Broward. Pines and I-75 and on the 595. Also heard there is 4G in downtown which people have already spotted a tower and 4G near Miami Beach by Alton right off the Julia Tuttle. Hope this helps guys.
    HTC Evo Baked 1.7
    Samsung Epic 4G Stock
    Dell Streak 16GB 2.1

I had 4g today at LA Fitness on US1 near oakland park & then all the way up to near Atlantic Blvd. Speeds were great - range of 5-8 down and 1 up. So was very fast.

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

South Miami needs some 4G love already! I feel that 3G is pretty damn quick... I cant imagine how much better 4G will be!
    My Evo 3D > your phone

Quote Originally Posted by dagone12 View Post
    South Miami needs some 4G love already! I feel that 3G is pretty damn quick... I cant imagine how much better 4G will be!
    For me its the opposite, 3g is so slow, I'm used to my cable internet at my house and 4g would be do nice right now in miami

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Default Re: 4G in South Florida

It seems like 4g is getting closer looked up the sensorly app and saw a lot more places with 4g. I was at Central Regional Park on 441 and Sunrise and was able to get a good 4g signal. Did a speed test and was able to get 5 down 0.8 up

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

Can confirm 4G in Cooper City area. Connects and disconnects at certain parts of the day.

I can confirm, I had it yesterday in Davie. Around Univeristy dr.

i can confirm there was 4g around couple blocks south of the american airlines arena in downtown miami

Sensorly is now showing 4G almost all the way down to Homestead and up almost to Jupiter. This could be in testing.
    Milo

Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Sensorly is now showing 4G almost all the way down to Homestead and up almost to Jupiter. This could be in testing.
    theres no 4g in homestead bc i have been watching it through the actual app but its in kendall mostly, but not south in homestead

I drive a lot for work and have run into 4g a lot over the last month or so. It looks like a lot of Miami is covered, especially along Dixie. Also, in FTL on Federal and Oakland Park east of 95.

In WPB I know north of the city on Northlake I have gotten 4g and in Okeeheelee Park 4g is available and the immediate surrounding areas

More to come...

yeah miami is gettting covered like crazy now, i have yet to be in a steady place where there is 4g, but i cant wait tfor 4g to arrive at my neighborhood

ROM
    4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich

We have it in Davie and Pembroke Pines. I get full bars in Pembroke Pines and 2 bars in Davie.

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

I havent been able to get it yet in Coral Springs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast