Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dsx968
  • 1 Post By usguyver
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Whatever suits me

Default LTE reviews

I'm curious what people's reception has been like since LTE switched on in their areas. It's being tested in a greater number of locations here in St. Paul but not actually on yet. And it's not being tested in or around my home or work.
    At work right now, the way this building is designed, if it wasn't for wifi I would get nothing. Same with my work TMO phone. Co-workers who have ATT and Verizon can walk all around in here with a 4G signal while my phone is reduced to an ipod in most parts of the building.
    Are you getting greater reception in areas that you never had it before? Streaming radio doesn't quit working because it can't get a strong enough signal?
    I just want some reviews so I stop thinking about jumping to ATT, which has great signal in my area. I'm trying to hold out for a tri-band LTE phone at the same time. Being patient sucks.
    cgardnervt likes this.

Default Re: LTE reviews

What? How dare you blaspheme T-Mobile in the Sprint forum! Just kidding, just kidding...

In my home area, LTE is slowly coming online (about 60-70%). Where it is on, building penetration is pretty good. I've found metal, steel and wood buildings don't hamper the signal much, but cinder block construction stops it pretty effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by dsx968 View Post
    I'm curious what people's reception has been like since LTE switched on in their areas. It's being tested in a greater number of locations here in St. Paul but not actually on yet. And it's not being tested in or around my home or work.
    At work right now, the way this building is designed, if it wasn't for wifi I would get nothing. Same with my work TMO phone. Co-workers who have ATT and Verizon can walk all around in here with a 4G signal while my phone is reduced to an ipod in most parts of the building.
    Are you getting greater reception in areas that you never had it before? Streaming radio doesn't quit working because it can't get a strong enough signal?
    I just want some reviews so I stop thinking about jumping to ATT, which has great signal in my area. I'm trying to hold out for a tri-band LTE phone at the same time. Being patient sucks.
    I jumped to AT&T and could not be happier

Posted via Android Central App
    cgardnervt likes this.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by usguyver View Post
    I jumped to AT&T and could not be happier

Posted via Android Central App
    Same here!

Where LTE is offered its been great! I have been to the Boston and Ohio areas. No complaints at all. Even theb ack bone network seems great! With Sprint I would have pretty much no signal at my house. At work I was luck to get 200K down....Now I get 10 megs down pretty much at all times. If your in a bad area I'd hope on over to another network that works best for you. Nothing is worse then paying for a service that does not work. BUT Sprint is on the cheaper side and to some thats a reason in of it self to stick around. List your needs and see what fits you best! Thats what I did.

ROM
    Stock

Difference in frequency... Once they move LTE to include 800MHz, you will enjoy the same felling that your AT&T & Verizon LTE buddies are currently experiencing. They have been on 700MHz for a while... Sprints 1900Mhz can't go through a cardboard box (sarcasm)
    To Each His Own

LG G2 D800 Unlocked (AT&T)
    Rooted Android 4.2.2

HTC One 32GB Black (AT&T)
    - Full RUU Converted to Google Edition - [OTA's Work]
    - Android 4.3 Rooted - Unlocked -
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    Whatever suits me

It is so close to being available. I see more and more testing pockets around.
    I was at the Mall of America and was getting great signal deep within the huge parking ramp.
    But it has been a total waste of my Galaxy S3 without LTE.

Sent from my Wicked Red S3