4g in the San Fernando Valley

Zindoh

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
4 bars at Saticoy and Louise, as I drove north on Louise I Lost it at about Strathern. This is the first time I have picked up a 4g signal in the valley.

Was getting 4-5 Mbps

Zindoh

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I will be back in that area tomorrow and will confirm for sure. Was pretty cool, once i located where the tower was and got pretty close to it i was able to pull 8-12 Mbps

Zindoh

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
None as of yet, this is the first 4g I have grabbed here in the valley. The tower is behind the Ralphs shopping center, and is a pretty small tower. Disguised as a tree. The radius is not that great at all, maybe a 2 square mile radius at the most. But it sure is fast with 4 bars. 10-12 Mbps average. I am waiting for it to make its way west as well myself, the Woodland Hills Calabasas area would make me a serious happy camper.

gotkush

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes,
I couldn't believe it myself. Didn't know 4g was available in the valley until I read this. I never turned my 4g on. I leave a few blocks away from CSUN on the way home from the 405 exiting nordhoff I turned 4g. Got a signal around Balboa but didn't connect when I hit zelzah I got a connection one bar. When I got home I couldn't believe I had full bars of 4g. I nutted in my pants in excitement. Had to create an account just to tell all upthe story. Hopefully they can get the whole valley covered. Hello to all the valley people!

ericizzy1

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes,
I couldn't believe it myself. Didn't know 4g was available in the valley until I read this. I never turned my 4g on. I leave a few blocks away from CSUN on the way home from the 405 exiting nordhoff I turned 4g. Got a signal around Balboa but didn't connect when I hit zelzah I got a connection one bar. When I got home I couldn't believe I had full bars of 4g. I nutted in my pants in excitement. Had to create an account just to tell all upthe story. Hopefully they can get the whole valley covered. Hello to all the valley people!

see this link http://www.sensorly.com/downloads , it help mapping 4G areas. it would be nice if people will use it so we can see the progress...
if you coose not to, it would be nice if you can tell us about more 4G locations, thank you

jkwon121

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
4g in the valley

4g seems to be running up and down ventura blvd in sherman oaks. near van nuys blvd/ventura getting 6.2m down 1.2 up

jgocobachi

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I had 4G up until this Monday, September 13, 2010...

I too was loving the 4G speeds I had experienced in Sherman Oaks along Ventura Blvd up until September 13, 2010. The 4G tower is still detected on my Sprint EVO 4G, but not connecting. I called Sprint on Monday to troubleshoot issues with the Mobile HotSpot downgrading from 4G to 3G when the HotSpot was enabled... They seemed to be very suspicious and indicated to me that Sherman Oaks is not really covered and they where puzzled by how I was getting 4G. So, Sprint Support was eager to help on the Mobile HotSpot 4G to 3G downgrade issue and boy they did help... Seems I got kicked of the 4G permanently. After performing a fresh network profile update on my phone, the 4G no longer worked in this area. They had no explanation other saying it is not officially covered in Sherman Oaks...bastards!!! So, I had them remove the Mobile HotSpot feature which saves me $30/month. I use PdaNet from junefabrics.com which allows me to tether without rooting the phone. Had Sprint continued to let me use the 4G network, I would have kindly spent the additional fees for the Mobile HotSpot feature...but they where no longer interested in helping and deferred me to the 4G coverage map... And sure enough, their 4G Map states that it is not covered in Sherman Oaks, CA.

Although I am extremely upset and kept the 4G wireless enabled my phone, I had to turn off the 4G Network notification alert because it was driving me nuts when I am here in Sherman Oaks!!!! It kept reminding me that the tower with full bars is available but I cannot connect. So, for the past week or so I was really enjoying 4G speeds. I almost cancelled my DSL...good thing I removed the the cancellation order for DSL... 3G coverage in Sherman Oaks is really terrible.

Anyhow, I worked in the West Hollywood/Beverly Hills area today and re-united with the 4G network... At least there's hope that 4G will officially be covering the Valley! Thanks Sprint for the tease!!!! You suck!

Last edited:

Cliffs71

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I unexpectedly picked up the 4G sig on Ventura just west of Tampa (at Shirley). Shocking! Got 9.5m down and 1m up!

I'm also hoping for 4G to hit the Woodland Hills/Calabasas area (although I get 2+m down off the 3G network around here, so I can't complain too much).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane