Possible 4G Release Schedule?

anon(45526)

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know where I can find the possible release schedule for Sprint's 4G coverage? I don't reside in a major metropolitan area (Charleston, SC) and we're usually 10 years behind everyone else, but I just want to know what time frame I'm looking at! Thanks everyone!

duckwars

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
This would be nice, I DO live in a major metropolitan area, San Diego, and it doesn't look like we're gonna get it any time soon.

It's not about population of the area, but, rather, as far as I can tell, how easy the implementation is. Flat areas get it first... =/

gotthelife4u

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
This would be nice, I DO live in a major metropolitan area, San Diego, and it doesn't look like we're gonna get it any time soon.

It's not about population of the area, but, rather, as far as I can tell, how easy the implementation is. Flat areas get it first... =/

I wouldn't be surprised to see San Diego included with the LA launch. I'm in San Jose and these are the Largest cities in California we have to be getting it sooner than later. I agree about the flat areas getting it first. I mean up by me you can get 4G in Los Banos and other places along Interstate 5.

capnhowdy18

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure there is also city regulations, number of sprint subscribers and a number of other factors.

For instance, San Francisco is very strict about the placement of antennas and what type of antennas you can place.

Theres also factors as to what sort of subscribers are in an area. For instance a smaller town that is a major business up with lots of smartphone owners might be higher up then its population alone might suggest.

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Is like to know about Cleveland. They are slated for this year. I'm sure it will be cool to have but not practical with this EVO battery.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

I wouldn't be surprised to see San Diego included with the LA launch. I'm in San Jose and these are the Largest cities in California we have to be getting it sooner than later. I agree about the flat areas getting it first. I mean up by me you can get 4G in Los Banos and other places along Interstate 5.

I live in SD also and saw a Clearwire truck in Mission Valley yesterday........

boston_ant

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know where I can find the possible release schedule for Sprint's 4G coverage? I don't reside in a major metropolitan area (Charleston, SC) and we're usually 10 years behind everyone else, but I just want to know what time frame I'm looking at! Thanks everyone!

Not sure about SC, but I just read an article that 4G would be up and running in Boston in Sept. That got me curious so I enabled 4G on my phone, and wouldn't u know, I'm connected! Go Sox!

c1971ace

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Not sure about SC, but I just read an article that 4G would be up and running in Boston in Sept. That got me curious so I enabled 4G on my phone, and wouldn't u know, I'm connected! Go Sox!

yes if im not mistaken its on or around the 29th of Sept...there is a thread about this date somewhere here in the forum...hope it comes out as far as Foxboro....

R32_Rocky

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, when I was using my HD2 on T-Mobile, I asked if they were going to add their new HSPA+ to my area (near Dallas). They were not sure, but she gave me a list if where in Texas it was up. And all the cities listed were mostly way out in the boonies, or smaller hub cities. I asked why the smaller cities, and not big ones like Dallas? She explained that it was EASIER and less strain on the towers, to install in lesser areas than the bigger metro areas. So the 4G might be a similar situation. Easier for them to start at smaller hubs. Makes sense to them, but not to us in the bigger cities where hi-tech is in more demand.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I live in SD also and saw a Clearwire truck in Mission Valley yesterday........

Are you sure you seen a clear wire truck? I live 5 minutes from mission valley so I sure hope your eyes weren't playin tricks.

I've always heard us SD folks were getting 4g in Q1 of 2012.

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site

You might get it before we do in the Upstate. But from what I've read, South Carolina isn't on the list for 4G next year anywhere.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
We don't have a release schedule but Sprint has a notification listthat lists many upcoming markets.

The good news is that users have already mapped 4G towers with the Sensorly app in many of those markets and more.

Sensorly maps 3G and 4G service while you drive and zooms in to street-level. You can also see low def 4G coverage maps in 152 cities online:

California: Anaheim, Burbank, Fremont, Fullerton, Hayward, Los Angeles, Merced, Modesto, Roseville, San Francisco, San Jose, Tulare, Turlock
Colorado: Arvada, Denver, Littleton
Conn: Hartford, New Haven, Stamford, Waterbury
Deleware: Wilmington
Florida: Daytona Beach, Ft Lauderdale, Holiday, Miami, New Smyrna, Orange Park, Orlando, St Augastine, St Pete, Tampa
Georgia: Atlanta, Johns Creek, Lawrenceville, Marietta, Milledgeville, Roswell
Hawaii: Honolulu, Maui
Idaho: Boise, Meridian, Nampa
Illinois: Aurora, Belleville, Chicago, Crystal Lake, Edwardsville, Elgin, Joliet, Naperville, Waukegan
Indiana: Dyer, East Chicago, Gary, Griffith
Maryland: Annapolis, Baltimore, Gaithersburg, Rockville, Towson
Mass: Boston, Brookline, Farmingham, Haverhill, Lawrence, Lowell, Medford, Salem, Weymouth
Michigan: Grand Rapids, Walker, Wyoming
Minn: Bloomington, Eden Prairie, Minneapolis-St Paul
Missouri: Arnold, Florissant, Independence, Kansas City, O'Fallon, St. Charles, St. Louis
Nevada: Enterprise, Henderson, Las Vegas, Searchlight
New Jersey: Edison, Elizabeth, Newark, Patterson, Plainfield,
New York: New York, Rochester, Syracuse, White Plains
NC: Apex, Asheboro, Cary, Chapel Hill, Charlotte, Greensboro, High Point, Raleigh-Durham, Winston-Salem
OH: Cincinnati, Columbus, Fairfield, Westerfield
Oregon: Beaverton, Eugene, Hillboro, Portland, Salem, WIlsonville
Penn: Carnegie, Dormont, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Mt Oliver, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Reading, York
Rhode Island: Pawtucket, Providence, Warwick
Tenn: Franklin, Hendersonville, Murfreesburo, Nashville
Texas: Abilene, Amarillo, Austin, Borger, Conroe, Corpus Christi, Dallas/Fort Worth, Denton, Houston, Killeen/Temple, Lubbock, McKinney, Midland/Odessa, Pampa, Plano, San Antonio, Waco, Wichita Falls
Utah: Layton, Ogden, Orem, Provo, Salt Lake City
Virgina: Arlington, Chesterfield, Manassas, Mechanicsville, Richmond, Woodbridge
Washington: Arlington, Bellingham, Ellensburg, Everett, Kennewick, Lynnwood, Marysville, Pasco, Richland, Richmond, Seattle, Tacoma, Yakima, Snohomish, Vancouver
Washington D.C.

Note: New towers are often in testing and may not be on all of the time until that market is announced.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
No SC!

We don't have a release schedule but Sprint has a notification listthat lists many upcoming markets.

The good news is that users have already mapped 4G towers with the Sensorly app in many of those markets and more.

Sensorly maps 3G and 4G service while you drive and zooms in to street-level. You can also see low def 4G coverage maps in 152 cities online:

? California: Anaheim, Burbank, Fremont, Hayward, Los Angeles, Merced, Modesto, Roseville, San Francisco, San Jose, Tulare, Turlock
? Colorado: Arvada, Denver, Littleton
? Conn: Hartford, New Haven, Stamford, Waterbury
? Deleware: Wilmington
? Florida: Daytona Beach, Ft Lauderdale, Holiday, Miami, New Smyrna, Orange Park, Orlando, St Augastine, St Pete, Tampa
? Georgia: Atlanta, Johns Creek, Lawrenceville, Marietta, Milledgeville, Roswell
? Hawaii: Honolulu, Maui
? Idaho: Boise, Meridian, Nampa
? Illinois: Aurora, Belleville, Chicago, Crystal Lake, Edwardsville, Elgin, Joliet, Naperville, Waukegan
? Indiana: Dyer, East Chicago, Gary, Griffith
? Maryland: Annapolis, Baltimore, Gaithersburg, Rockville, Towson
? Mass: Boston, Brookline, Farmingham, Haverhill, Lawrence, Lowell, Medford, Salem, Weymouth
? Michigan: Grand Rapids, Walker, Wyoming
? Minn: Bloomington, Eden Prairie, Minneapolis-St Paul
? Missouri: Arnold, Florissant, Independence, Kansas City, O'Fallon, St. Charles, St. Louis
? Nevada: Enterprise, Henderson, Las Vegas, Searchlight
? New Jersey: Edison, Elizabeth, Newark, Patterson, Plainfield,
? New York: New York, Rochester, Syracuse, White Plains
? NC: Apex, Asheboro, Cary, Chapel Hill, Charlotte, Greensboro, High Point, Raleigh-Durham, Winston-Salem
? OH: Cincinnati, Columbus, Fairfield, Westerfield
? Oregon: Beaverton, Eugene, Hillboro, Portland, Salem, WIlsonville
? Penn: Carnegie, Dormont, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Mt Oliver, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Reading, York
? Rhode Island: Pawtucket, Providence, Warwick
? Tenn: Franklin, Hendersonville, Murfreesburo, Nashville
? Texas: Abilene, Amarillo, Austin, Borger, Conroe, Corpus Christi, Dallas/Fort Worth, Denton, Houston, Killeen/Temple, Lubbock, McKinney, Midland/Odessa, Pampa, Plano, San Antonio, Waco, Wichita Falls
? Utah: Layton, Ogden, Orem, Provo, Salt Lake City
? Virgina: Arlington, Chesterfield, Manassas, Mechanicsville, Richmond, Woodbridge
? Washington: Arlington, Bellingham, Ellensburg, Everett, Kennewick, Lynnwood, Marysville, Pasco, Richland, Richmond, Seattle, Tacoma, Yakima, Snohomish, Vancouver
? Washington D.C.

Note: New towers are often in testing and may not be on all of the time until that market is announced.

Nothing in South Carolina. Closest 4G is in Charlotte.