4G Active in Fullerton, CA

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. I'm here traveling from New Mexico and decided to turn on 4G just for the yell of it and there it was. I am getting an average of 7.5 Mbps download and of course 1Mbps up.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Seriously?! Stop teasing me Sprint! I got rid of my Evo for one month to make a switch to the Epic and you decide to turn 4g on right in between! Well, at least I have something to look forward to.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes. Although while in LA I did not get 4G. I did receive it in Anaheim today, not yesterday. So I think they are moving pretty quickly. And it works great when you have solid service. When I am on the edge of the network it is a bit annoying going between 3G and 4G. Either way, I love using it. Especially for downloading apps, music, and video. It does kill battery, however.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
It appears that more 4G towers on now online in California than any other state.

The free Sensorly app shows street-level maps of 3G and 4G service. Your results can be mapped too. The online 4G map does not let you zoom in much but you can see that towers have been found in Anaheim, Burbank, Fremont, Fullerton, Hayward, Los Angeles, Merced, Modesto, Roseville, San Francisco, San Jose, Tulare, and Turlock.