Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

Default Question about Sprint towers

We switched to sprint a few months ago but it seems the tower close to my work one week the data speed is great(you can stream video with no buffer) then it will go two weeks with data at a crawl to where you can't even stream audio. Just back and forth. When I contact Sprint they always say they are upgrading and give it a few days.
    My question is is this common for Sprint?
    If this is common for Sprint I will have to pay the etf's and go back to Verizon. Football season has started and not being able to listen to radio is a deal breaker for me.

Default Re: Question about Sprint towers

Hello,

Where are you located? Could be that you are in an area that is currently undergoing the LTE Network Vision upgrade process. If that is the case then you will experience varying service during the upgrade stages.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by:
    bed269 

Happened to me here in Miami. Now LTE is great but still happens in some areas as its still being expanded.

Sent from my SPH-L710
    Thanked by:
    bed269 

Not sure where you live but it's probably a good sign. Check out your market here. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/forum/39-markets/

This message brought to you in part by Sprint and the letters GS and the number 4
    Thanked by:
    bed269 
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

Thanks for the replies. I am in the Knoxville-Rockford area. Right at the Blount-Knox county line on Old Knoxville Hwy.
    I am stuck on what to do.
    I have the iphone 4s which is 3g as does my wife but I like the iphone whereas she absolutely hates it. So I can buy the iphone 5 (or wait for 5s) which has 4g and buy my wife an android. But I have to buy these outright so I'm looking at about 1400 dollars. Or I can pay the etf and swap to verizon and get phones there and I'm looking at about 1100-1200 dollars but I lose my unlimited.

Thanks again for the replies
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

The only reason for me going to an iphone 5 or 5s would be for quicker data. The signal strength is great where I'm at.

Selling your phones now will help with the cost. Maybe check how much trade in Best Buy will give and just buy the iPhone 5 there full price. You will probably get a pretty good amount for the 4s, better than anywhere else at least. Remember in a week and a half the new iPhones will be announced also.

This message brought to you in part by Sprint and the letters GS and the number 4

Well you might want to jump on this right here.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Mobile-P...at305100050000

http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/fun...facturer=Apple

Global Posts
    8,105 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

If possible try and stick it out until upgrade time. Sprint is upgrading their network (slowly) so improvements can been seen at anytime. If you must, consider buying one phone at a time to spread out the costs.

Personally, I'd sit tight and see how things improve.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2