Question about Sprint towers

bed269

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
We switched to sprint a few months ago but it seems the tower close to my work one week the data speed is great(you can stream video with no buffer) then it will go two weeks with data at a crawl to where you can't even stream audio. Just back and forth. When I contact Sprint they always say they are upgrading and give it a few days.
My question is is this common for Sprint?
If this is common for Sprint I will have to pay the etf's and go back to Verizon. Football season has started and not being able to listen to radio is a deal breaker for me.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

Where are you located? Could be that you are in an area that is currently undergoing the LTE Network Vision upgrade process. If that is the case then you will experience varying service during the upgrade stages.

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Happened to me here in Miami. Now LTE is great but still happens in some areas as its still being expanded.

Sent from my SPH-L710

bed269

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I am in the Knoxville-Rockford area. Right at the Blount-Knox county line on Old Knoxville Hwy.
I am stuck on what to do.
I have the iphone 4s which is 3g as does my wife but I like the iphone whereas she absolutely hates it. So I can buy the iphone 5 (or wait for 5s) which has 4g and buy my wife an android. But I have to buy these outright so I'm looking at about 1400 dollars. Or I can pay the etf and swap to verizon and get phones there and I'm looking at about 1100-1200 dollars but I lose my unlimited.

Thanks again for the replies

bed269

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The only reason for me going to an iphone 5 or 5s would be for quicker data. The signal strength is great where I'm at.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Selling your phones now will help with the cost. Maybe check how much trade in Best Buy will give and just buy the iPhone 5 there full price. You will probably get a pretty good amount for the 4s, better than anywhere else at least. Remember in a week and a half the new iPhones will be announced also.

This message brought to you in part by Sprint and the letters GS and the number 4

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
If possible try and stick it out until upgrade time. Sprint is upgrading their network (slowly) so improvements can been seen at anytime. If you must, consider buying one phone at a time to spread out the costs.

Personally, I'd sit tight and see how things improve.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude