Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 75
Like Tree29Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Unlimited Data - With PDANet, Tethered 412GB last month. @ risk for account cancellation?

    will sprint come after me? im freaking out
    Last edited by thunderking; 09-01-2013 at 04:02 PM.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Got my bill - I tethered 412 GB last month

    I would ring up to see what the damage is best of luck its not too much

    Sent from my GT-I8190 using AC Forums mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Got my bill - I tethered 412 GB last month

    alright will do, thank you
    Red_Berry_21 likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Got my bill - I tethered 412 GB last month

    Holy cow! What did you do, download all the videos of Miley Cyrus?!?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Got my bill - I tethered 412 GB last month

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Holy cow! What did you do, download all the videos of Miley Cyrus?!?
    Watching 4 streams on twitch nearly 24/7, downloaded a few videos, torrent, etc.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Got my bill - I tethered 412 GB last month

    Was this off paid tether or tether you did by root? If by root they may cut you off.. If by paid.. Get ready for a massive bill.

    I watch twitch as well a bunch and it uses boat loads of data. Thank God for us having unlimited lol .

    Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Got my bill - I tethered 412 GB last month

    I havent upgraded to Jelly Bean yet. I'm using PDANET which allows you to use your phone as a free wifi hotspot (tethering) for free.
    Thanked by:
    Red_Berry_21 and tippmann15 like this.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Got my bill - I tethered 412 GB last month

    Quote Originally Posted by thunderking View Post
    I havent upgraded to Jelly Bean yet. I'm using PDANET which allows you to use your phone as a free wifi hotspot (tethering) for free.
    Oh, it's not free. You, I and all the other Sprint customers pay for you "free"-loaders. And yes, I hope they cut you off.
    Thanked by 2:
    Danger_Mouse#AC and GiantJay like this.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Got my bill - I tethered 412 GB last month

    Quote Originally Posted by thunderking View Post
    I havent upgraded to Jelly Bean yet. I'm using PDANET which allows you to use your phone as a free wifi hotspot (tethering) for free.
    Probably ok, if they boot you off head over to tmobile :-).

    If they don't boot you off enjoy the free Internet, well not free... You did pay for premium data!

    GS4/iPhone5
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Got my bill - I tethered 412 GB last month

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Oh, it's not free. You, I and all the other Sprint customers pay for you "free"-loaders. And yes, I hope they cut you off.
    Why are you so angry? I did nothing to you.
    Thanked by 2:
    April920 and tippmann15 like this.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Got my bill - I tethered 412 GB last month

    Some people actually believe sprint charges now more because . 05 percent of customers use above average data, let them live in the dark.

    GS4/iPhone5
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Got my bill - I tethered 412 GB last month

    Impressive. They will probably shut you down. Bye bye cell phone #

    Posted via Android Central App
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Got my bill - I tethered 412 GB last month

    They'll give you time to port out most likely.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  14. #14  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,571 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: Got my bill - I tethered 412 GB last month

    At the very least, the account is flagged.

    Sent from a SlimROM S3.

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Got my bill - I tethered 412 GB last month

    Is this real? Aaaand this is why we can't have nice things...

    Posted via Android Central App
    MERCDROID likes this.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Got my bill - I tethered 412 GB last month

    Ahaha unlucky. Why didn't you pay for unlimited?
    Banned from:

    Crackberry
  17. #17  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,571 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: Got my bill - I tethered 412 GB last month

    Quote Originally Posted by wanted198 View Post
    Ahaha unlucky. Why didn't you pay for unlimited?
    I don't think that's the problem, he is afraid Sprint will cut him because of abuse of service.

    Sent from a SlimROM S3.

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Red_Berry_21 likes this.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Got my bill - I tethered 412 GB last month

    Several years ago I had to share 10GB a month with the rest of my family on our home connection... I still can't believe people single-handedly use 15-20GB a month on their phones. This is just unheard of to me.
    Banned from:

    Crackberry
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Got my bill - I tethered 412 GB last month

    Sprint doesn't allow unlimited tether. That's why he didn't get it. Have to root to do it.

    Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
  20. #20  
    dv220s's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts

    Default Re: Got my bill - I tethered 412 GB last month

    Good God! On my home network with 2 smartphones, 2 laptops, a desktop and a smart TV with the occasional Zune and an always connected iPad and HP Touchpad, we used less than 80 GB of data. I don't even understand how that's even possible. My data plan is only 300 mb(and I use 2 phones: Lumia 920 and HTC One on that 300 alternating every week) so woah. I really wish all the best for you. Honestly
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Got my bill - I tethered 412 GB last month

    Quote Originally Posted by tippmann15 View Post
    Some people actually believe sprint charges now more because . 05 percent of customers use above average data, let them live in the dark.

    GS4/iPhone5
    If you keep ripping a company off, you're darn right they will charge everyone else more. This is just like shoplifting, you're taking a company's product without paying for it. As for living in the dark, it is not I who is living there.

    This is the one and only thing I hate about Android Central - they are quick to shut down threads where people are talking about pirating APKs, etc, but talk of tethering on a plan that doesn't support it? They turn a blind eye.

    But I realize I'm far in the minority with my opinion.
    Last edited by Mikey47; 08-31-2013 at 08:02 PM.
    Thanked by:
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Got my bill - I tethered 412 GB last month

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    If you keep ripping a company off, you're darn right they will charge everyone else more. This is just like shoplifting, you're taking a company's product without paying for it. As for living in the dark, it is not I who is living there.

    This is the one and only thing I hate about Android Central - they are quick to shut down threads where people are talking about pirating APKs, etc, but talk of tethering on a plan that doesn't support it? They turn a blind eye.

    But I realize I'm far in the minority with my opinion.
    I completely agree. This is absolutely an example of people abusing data to the point of it being ridiculous.
    Thanked by:
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Got my bill - I tethered 412 GB last month

    I'm not sure how he abused unlimited, if sprint cares they will boot him /her.... But sprint probably doesn't care since OP using that much data is irrelevant.

    GS4/iPhone5
  24. #24  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,571 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: Got my bill - I tethered 412 GB last month

    Quote Originally Posted by tippmann15 View Post
    I'm not sure how he abused unlimited, if sprint cares they will boot him /her.... But sprint probably doesn't care since OP using that much data is irrelevant.

    GS4/iPhone5
    Using a workaround for tethering.

    Sent from a SlimROM S3.

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Got my bill - I tethered 412 GB last month

    Quote Originally Posted by tippmann15 View Post
    I'm not sure how he abused unlimited, if sprint cares they will boot him /her.... But sprint probably doesn't care since OP using that much data is irrelevant.

    GS4/iPhone5
    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Sprint doesn't allow unlimited tether. That's why he didn't get it. Have to root to do it.

    Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    Read above.

    Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2013, 05:17 PM
  2. Is my phone acting as it should?
    By valapsp in forum Droid RAZR MAXX
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-31-2013, 01:52 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-31-2013, 11:45 AM
  4. My work wifi connection
    By jc0187 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-31-2013, 11:02 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-31-2013, 08:12 AM

Posting Permissions

B