Job related move to a area with zero Sprint service

Audiyoda

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I recently accepted a new job that will take me to western Nebraska - there isn't Sprint service for 30 miles in any direction - just off network roaming. The kicker is, I just signed a new 2yr contract last November.

Will Sprint let me out of this contract with proof of my move, or am I stuck with ETFs on four phones? I'm nearly blind now after reading their terms and conditions, and I couldn't find anything related to this. Only that if I terminate service early, I'm responsible for ETFs.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I recently accepted a new job that will take me to western Nebraska - there isn't Sprint service for 30 miles in any direction - just off network roaming. The kicker is, I just signed a new 2yr contract last November.

Will Sprint let me out of this contract with proof of my move, or am I stuck with ETFs on four phones? I'm nearly blind now after reading their terms and conditions, and I couldn't find anything related to this. Only that if I terminate service early, I'm responsible for ETFs.

I can't answer this specifically but my understanding is all carriers have an arbitration system to avoid ETF charges for cancellation. The fact that Sprint has no service in your area maybe enough to win that arbitration and avoid the charges.

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I was told if you are in an area with no coverage according to their coverage map all you have to submit a proof of residency and they waive your EFT.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
If you roam enough they will kick you with no etf. So if you really don't get service than that will happen. But I would call them and get out of it with no fee so you can keep your number by porting it.

This message brought to you in part by Sprint and the letters GS and the number 4

Audiyoda

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Keeping my number is rather important. While this job takes me to Nebraska I will still have time to do some work on the side and I have clients nationwide. So I would really like to keep my number.

Maybe I'll try chatting with CS - that way the chat transcript is saved and there's less likelihood of getting the call center over seas.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If you roam enough they will kick you with no etf. So if you really don't get service than that will happen. But I would call them and get out of it with no fee so you can keep your number by porting it.

This message brought to you in part by Sprint and the letters GS and the number 4

You don't have to roam to get kicked off due to the situation.

You simply have to call and talk with them. If it shows only off network roaming and you explain you got a new job.. They will most likely ask for proof you live there now and then cancel your contract (not your service). This way you can transfer your number to another carrier (which will cancel your account with Sprint automatically) and then no ETF.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest calling and talking with Sprint to resolve you're issue. They should have record of that area and let you know if service exists or not. Also consider having your work write a quick letter outlining your new home work location so Sprint can't say it's not true.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance