1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I can see the boom!

Sitting in this restaurant near to where I live. The Sprint tower is literaly 300 feet away. There is a boom (crane, whatever you call these in different parts of the world, country) raised up to the antennas. The truck has been backed in there for several days now. This can only mean one thing: LTE, baby! I would go over and speak to the guys doing the work, but I am afraid they might call Homeland Security. Same way the Seattle police tried to arrest a guy for taking pics of the Ballard Canal Locks. I've got wood over this.

Global Posts
    6,221 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: I can see the boom!

Hope that's what it means. Yea for you and all the Sprinters wanting LTE in your area.
    Live long and prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Friderichsohn View Post
    Sitting in this restaurant near to where I live. The Sprint tower is literaly 300 feet away. There is a boom (crane, whatever you call these in different parts of the world, country) raised up to the antennas. The truck has been backed in there for several days now. This can only mean one thing: LTE, baby! I would go over and speak to the guys doing the work, but I am afraid they might call Homeland Security. Same way the Seattle police tried to arrest a guy for taking pics of the Ballard Canal Locks. I've got wood over this.
    That's awesome! But, you left out one important detail.... Where??
    Always have your stuff when you need it with Dropbox. Sign up for free! http://db.tt/4AiUNSMC

Mine
    - Sprint: Palm 700p, Palm Treo Pro, HTC Touch, HP Palm Pre, Motorola Admiral, Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G (Jellybean 4.2.2); AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.4.2)
    Wife's - Sprint: HP Palm Pre, LG Viper 4G LTE (ICS); Vizio VTAB1008 Tablet (Honeycomb); AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.3)
    Daughters' - Nabi2 tablets (ICS)

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by prolongExistence View Post
    That's awesome! But, you left out one important detail.... Where??
    Eastern Washington State

Global Posts
    6,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Hopefully it means LTE very soon for you - keep us posted and let us know if you see signs of LTE in the area.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Hopefully it means LTE very soon for you - keep us posted and let us know if you see signs of LTE in the area.
    I don't have an LTYE phone but a friend of a friend reports seeing sporadic LTE signal on his One. It come and it goes, but I guess while it is there it is "fast".