4G Is Live In Tampa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julez#WN

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Its on its on i didn't want to jinks it but finally my black wonder box blinked and said 4G network available and it is seriously fast. I did a speed test and it peaked a DL 5.73m & UL 1.01. :eek:

cmacelis

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Nice,,,,, we only have 4g in certain areas in Ft. Lauderdale, hopefully it goes live soon...

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

Osiris

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
...and just like that, it's gone. I also had 4G in downtown Tampa yesterday and the day before running at about 5 m down, 1 up .... sadly, today I can't get a 4G signal. Back to 3G for the moment. What a quantum difference in speed between the two (3G today is running at 250 kbps down, 150 up). 4G runs faster than my office's broadband internet.

Hopefully they will get finished with the tinkering soon and fire this baby up for good

Buckeyes

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I installed the app Sensorly, and it shows current 4G coverage. I work in downtown Tampa, and it shows where the coverage is. It is spotty all over town. Hopefully, not for long.

Julez#WN

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Man you arent lying i had it last night and thought it was a glitch and had it all they way to class (Brandon to USF area) around 7am and it was gone by 1pm i guess they were doing test but its good to see at least there is some progress.

WildmanRuss

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Same area again today Julez, from about Channelside area, across Crosstown expressway, then a bit south on I-75 when it faded away (09/09/10).

Julez#WN

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
wow my 4g was on all day in Brandon it seems to toll on ur battery but youtube was excellent didnt take anytime to play HQ video like it did with 3G

WildmanRuss

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
What I am wondering is if the spots that are hot for 4G now are it. If that is the case, and it doesn't go any further south from Brandon than where it is, then it won't stretch to where I live in Riverview.

Julez#WN

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
yes i live off Causeway and Providence and for the past 3 days ive had 4G at home but it seems that it peaks in popular areas like i went to the SoHo, Channelside, Downtown, Stadium and Davis Island i dont think Sprint officially announced that its on in Hillsborough

Julez#WN

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
wow my 4g was on all day in Brandon it seems to toll on ur battery but youtube was excellent didnt take anytime to play HQ video like it did with 3G

LMAO this is an understatement i had Pandora on for two hours and it skipped all the warnings like 15%, 10%, 5% and straight died lmfao the price we pay for embarrassing the iphone lol

italianotampa

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
On clear.com if u put in Tampa it will show you tower locations if you zoom in. It will say 4G not available yet of coarse, but it will show you the 4G towers.

WildmanRuss

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I have tried to find the towers on the map. I think I saw a piece of one in Brandon near Brandon Hospital, but other than that moving around on the map I didn't see them. Does anyone have a screen shot of them?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user