VERY DISSAPPOINTED WITH SPRINT 4G in florida

jonathanlc2005

May 4, 2010
Visit site
i went to to daytona beach on the port orange and daytona beach area and sat on the sand and parked my car on the beach. im highly dissapointed with the way sprint 4g is covered and how its handled. i sat on the beach and moved my phone 6 inches and got the lowest of low signals on 4g. ON THE BEACH!. insane.... not only was the signal poor but also the 4g

then went to orlando to pick up my mother from the airport. such a huge dissapointment. i sat in terminal B outside the security point and had no I REPEAT... NO 4G SIGNAL. NOT ANYWHERE IN THE AIRPORT AND HIGHLY DISSAPOINTED EVEN IN THE TERMINAL. only outside the airport.

if this keeps up i may just give up on sprint 4g because they officially release it and not even the important areas are covered.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Dude they're practically rolling out an entirely new network. Not easy. Just give it time. Could be worse. I get 4G about a mile away from my house. I can get 4mb essy. I go home....... nothing. Just share at the scanning lol. It'll get better.

jonathanlc2005

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Orlando isn't even official yet. I think Nov it'll b out.

dude... i know what your saying.... but im basing this on my experience when i was in sales 5 years ago for sprint

when EvDO first came out and launch cities were new york, san diego, and many others... the airports were the important sections because of the busy traffic they would accumulate. i remember people telling me the only places they could get rev A in san diego when it was the first launch city was the airport. now it just awkward to me that someone thought that people would use thier phones more driving then waiting for your next flight, which by the way... ORL wifi was so pitiful and cdma signal was pitiful (atleast for evdo not 1x) glad the flight made it in early.

but the thing that shocks me is that daytona beach is annouced and yet i cant even use it while on the beach. so sensitive that i moved my phone 6 inches to get a notification of 4g with <1mb down speed

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
dude... i know what your saying.... but im basing this on my experience when i was in sales 5 years ago for sprint

when EvDO first came out and launch cities were new york, san diego, and many others... the airports were the important sections because of the busy traffic they would accumulate. i remember people telling me the only places they could get rev A in san diego when it was the first launch city was the airport. now it just awkward to me that someone thought that people would use thier phones more driving then waiting for your next flight, which by the way... ORL wifi was so pitiful and cdma signal was pitiful (atleast for evdo not 1x) glad the flight made it in early.

but the thing that shocks me is that daytona beach is annouced and yet i cant even use it while on the beach. so sensitive that i moved my phone 6 inches to get a notification of 4g with <1mb down speed

Except its not Sprint rolling it out. Its Clear. Got a gripe, complain to clear.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I am not a fanboy or anything. I am just curious, who is deciding what areas are important? I know they never contacted me to ask what I thought was important, I am paying for 4G speeds that I cannot even get in my city and which may not be launched for another year or two.

walterwood44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
4G has not been officially turned on in Orlando yet. I was in Altamonte Springs (5 miles north or downtown Orlando) and had a very strong 4G signal. At my house in Apopka (8 mi NW of DT) I can see 4G but cannot use it. I stopped at a Sprint store and they indicated 4G should go live late next week, 9/16 or so.

jonathanlc2005

May 4, 2010
Visit site
update

well stood at gate B terminal in orlando but had to walk to gate 99ish to get 4g signal with atleast 1 bar. turn on hotspot and had problems.

so drove to GA for a speeding ticket violation for doing 91 in a 70 and i swallowed my tounge when i got in st augustine and jacksonville. barely anywhere less then 1 bar and lost connection once on the highway but came to a startling hypothosis...

it seems 4g doesnt go faster then 3 megs when doing over 80mph on the highway

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I am not a fanboy or anything. I am just curious, who is deciding what areas are important? I know they never contacted me to ask what I thought was important, I am paying for 4G speeds that I cannot even get in my city and which may not be launched for another year or two.

The probably start with major cities first and then spread out from there. For instance there is 4G in Philadelphia and it slowly spreading to Delaware where I live.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae