Total taxes+surcharge on a tablet plan in NY?

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I just got off the phone with a corporate Sprint store, considering I'm strongly looking at the GT3 deal+15 bucks for 2 gigs a month. Now, he indicated, that barring any extra data overages, etc, the total tax+surcharge would be about 15% of the bill. So, if I'm dropping 15 bucks a month, I'm looking at about 2 dollars extra, which he indicated was correct. Just out of curiosity, can anyone else confirm this? I can most likely live with 17 bucks a month for 2 gigs of data.

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Right, but again, just making sure the math is right. I mean, 24% total of 15 bucks is like, what, 3 or so? So I'd still be paying at tops 18 bucks a month for 2 gigs of data? I mean, I think Im right on this?

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Right, but again, just making sure the math is right. I mean, 24% total of 15 bucks is like, what, 3 or so? So I'd still be paying at tops 18 bucks a month for 2 gigs of data? I mean, I think Im right on this?
That appears to be correct, I'd guesstimate somewhere between $18-$20. Maybe Sprint CS can give a more exact number? Sprint Chat

rwinvt

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

Here in Vermont, the total with the $15.00 2GB Plan comes to to $18.03
Three bucks isn't much, but the percentage is pretty awful-- 20% in taxes and fees.
Included in that is a $1.99 "administrative charge" from Sprint, and possibly a 911 fee, for the 911 service from a tablet without phone ability. ( yes, you can add it several different ways, but that's optional and up to you- the fee isn't optional.)

One other thing on charges- be sure to check on whether or not you're being charged an activation fee, which is $35.00. When I got mine in mid November, online purchases said activation fee waived. I bought it in person at a (non-corporate) Sprint Store, was told no activation fee, but it did show on the first bill and took some calls to Customer Service to have it removed.

None the less, I'm happy with my Tab 3. Does everything I expected and needed. The day I bought it I found out that Sprint had just started testing phase for 4 G in Rutland. I've installed Skype for phone purposes and I'm checking out Mighty Text and Zipwhip ( both free) for texting. Both of these sync with my cell phone number so I avoided the confusion of two different texting numbers and systems.

Maybe we should thank all the reviewers who gave the Tab 3 7.0 awful ratings because they insisted on comparing it with a state of the art tablet, and compounding it by not updating to include the improved capabilities of the LTE version. If it had gotten stellar reviews, Sprint may not have have put it out for $50.00.

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Thats a very good point. I figure if I get one, I'll do it at a corporate store, and ask about waiving activation fee. Cause if I have to drop almost the cost of the tablet again, as a fee, I'd rather add that 35 to the 50, and save up some more and just aim towards some wifi tablet.

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Maybe we should thank all the reviewers who gave the Tab 3 7.0 awful ratings because they insisted on comparing it with a state of the art tablet, and compounding it by not updating to include the improved capabilities of the LTE version. If it had gotten stellar reviews, Sprint may not have have put it out for $50.00.
You know I didn't realize the spec differences between the WiFi and Sprint version.

WiFi version:Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (7-Inch, White): Computers & Accessories

Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS, 1.2 GHz dual-core processor

8 GB Flash Memory, 1 GB RAM Memory

Store photos, videos, music, and more with up to 64GB of memory available through a microSD slot and 50GB of free Dropbox storage

Camera: 3MP rear-facing, 1.3MP front-facing

Pre-loaded with free content including Hulu Plus membership, Google Play credit and Boingo Wi-Fi Access

Sprint version:http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/phone_details.jsp?prodId=dvc7750018prd&deviceSKUId=77500126&flow=AAL&planSKUId=null&tabId=dvcTab1820005&ptn=

Operating system
Android 4.2

Battery information
4000 mAh Lithium Ion Battery

Talk time
Up to 6 hours of active use time

Dimensions
7.4" x 4.4" x 0.4"

Display
7? WSVGA TFT (1024 X 600) Touch Screen

Weight
11 oz

Processor
1.7 GHz dual core processor

Memory
16GB internal memory(ROM), 1.5GB (RAM) * MicroSD card slot supports up to 64GB

Bluetooth profiles
A2DP, SBC, AVRCP, GAVDP, HSP, HID

cfrazierjr

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I just off the phone with my local state representative. They said I should NOT be charged the E911 tax on my tablet and will be contacting Sprint letting them know this. The E911 tax is for mobile devices that support voice communications!