How do you activate a Ting phone on Sprint?

ngtech0

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I bought a HTC One phone from Ting thinking that I could easily just activate it on Sprint. Unfortunately I was mistaken. I've tried to call Sprint a few times and I always get the same answer. "No, we don't have the ESN in the system, so we can't activate it." Anyone have an idea of how to do this? I've read online that if you say "wholesale phone" that would work, but that didn't seem to work either. Please help!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You can't. If Sprint doesn't have the ESN then it's not possible.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Why not just use it on ting, aren't they run off the same network? But magnus is correct also, if they don't have the ESN then you're out of luck.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

justen

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I bought a HTC One phone from Ting thinking that I could easily just activate it on Sprint. Unfortunately I was mistaken. I've tried to call Sprint a few times and I always get the same answer. "No, we don't have the ESN in the system, so we can't activate it." Anyone have an idea of how to do this? I've read online that if you say "wholesale phone" that would work, but that didn't seem to work either. Please help!

Unfortunately, Sprint does not normally add wholesale devices to their whitelist (just like Sprint retail devices are not normally added to our whitelist until at least a year after they debut). If you want to email me at j at ting dot com, I can reach out and see if they would be willing to make an exception. (But even if they do, you'll then likely not be able to bring it back to Ting anytime soon.)

Sorry for the confusion. :(

Ryobishinobi

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Justen is wrong. Sprint has a policy against activating TING phones and there is nothing TING can do about it. I've spent two months trying to get Sprint to activate my TING Samsung Galaxy S5. I've had no less than 10 conference calls with TING and Sprint reps and Sprint says the same thing every time. "Sprint does not activate phones from other carriers" When you dig into it Sprint will tell you that they categorically do not activate TING phones on the Sprint network.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie