Damn! Look at these Spark speeds in NYC...

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I know its hard to be believe this is Sprint. Sure will be nice when its done, then maybe all the T-MO cheerleading that goes on here in the Sprint forum will finally STFU!

mg6Dp65.png

zo5xBaB.png

6l1uo4N.png

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I know its hard to be believe this is Sprint. Sure will be nice when its done, then maybe all the T-MO cheerleading that goes on here in the Sprint forum will finally STFU!

View attachment 95957

View attachment 95958

View attachment 95959

Dayummmm.
But hold onnnnnnnn. You have a Nexus 5 on Sprint?
I have a Nexus 5 on sprint and reached out to them because I'm not getting spark here in Miami. They replied that Google has a scheduled update for the nexus 5 on sprint to activate Spark on it.
Wth ???

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I hope Sprint can keep it up honestly.. I'd love two unlimited carriers with speeds to rival the bigger ones. :)

When did you switch from Verizon Lenny?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I hope Sprint can keep it up honestly.. I'd love two unlimited carriers with speeds to rival the bigger ones. :)

When did you switch from Verizon Lenny?

True true...I also hope those speeds can maintain when it's more than just one guy using that bandwidth...Personally, I'm happy with my 35-42Mbps download speeds. That is faster than my wireless router can do.

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
True true...I also hope those speeds can maintain when it's more than just one guy using that bandwidth...Personally, I'm happy with my 35-42Mbps download speeds. That is faster than my wireless router can do.

Well its more than just "one guy using bandwith" keep in mind there's still WiMax subs running on the same Bandwidth....Right now Sprint's Band 41 is probably as congested as T-MO LTE pipes but with a lot more spectrum available to it over T-MO. T-MO is more likely to hit capacity constants long before band 41, plus T-MO has no other bands for backup, like Sprint has 800/1900.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Well its more than just "one guy using bandwith" keep in mind there's still WiMax subs running on the same Bandwidth....Right now Sprint's Band 41 is probably as congested as T-MO LTE pipes but with a lot more spectrum available to it over T-MO. T-MO is more likely to hit capacity constants long before band 41, plus T-MO has no other bands for backup, like Sprint has 800/1900.

Wow, talk about uninformed...Tmob uses:
850/900/1800/1900 GSM
Band II (1900) and
Band IV (1700/2100/AWS)

Anything else before I quit listening to you?

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Wow, talk about uninformed...Tmob uses:
850/900/1800/1900 GSM
Band II (1900) and
Band IV (1700/2100/AWS)

Anything else before I quit listening to you?

Those other bands are hspa+ and edge. Tmo LTE has only band 4. Sprint has 1900 800 and 2500.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2 (Central n Ohio Austin IL)

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Those other bands are hspa+ and edge. Tmo LTE has only band 4. Sprint has 1900 800 and 2500.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2 (Central n Ohio Austin IL)

Nope...T-Mobile bought Metro PCS and got all of their LTE/AWS spectrum also...1900, 1700LTE/AWS, and 2100AWS, and you don't need a new handset like sprint to enjoy it... I'm not hating on Sprint, but first you needed a new phone for wimax, then one for lte, and now another for spark... WTF?

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Lenny when did you go back to Sprint from Verizon?

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Lenny when did you go back to Sprint from Verizon?

I'm not.....But I like what I'm seeing so far, make me more confident Sprint will have it together by the time my VZW contract runs out next Sept. I can't wait, Verizon overpriced Garbage, if I had to do again, I would've went with AIO wireless to wait out on while Sprint finishes NV.

Nope...T-Mobile bought Metro PCS and got all of their LTE/AWS spectrum also...1900, 1700LTE/AWS, and 2100AWS, and you don't need a new handset like sprint to enjoy it... I'm not hating on Sprint, but first you needed a new phone for wimax, then one for lte, and now another for spark... WTF?

Everything I've read states T-MO is ONLY launching LTE on 1700 AWS...Not 1900 nor 2100.....You're the first I've read that happening. However its well confirmed that Sprint will have LTE on 800/1900/ and 2.5....Band 41 gives Sprint a ridiculous amount of capacity alone. I'm not worried about Spark slowing down if ever, especially not with Sprint only have 55 million subs.

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm not.....But I like what I'm seeing so far, make me more confident Sprint will have it together by the time my VZW contract runs out next Sept. I can't wait, Verizon overpriced Garbage, if I had to do again, I would've went with AIO wireless to wait out on while Sprint finishes NV.

Everything I've read states T-MO is ONLY launching LTE on 1700 AWS...Not 1900 nor 2100.....You're the first I've read that happening. However its well confirmed that Sprint will have LTE on 800/1900/ and 2.5....Band 41 gives Sprint a ridiculous amount of capacity alone. I'm not worried about Spark slowing down if ever, especially not with Sprint only have 55 million subs.

This.

Posted via Android Central App

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

Yes, I left Verizon for sprint, then off to Tmob... Verizon is highly overrated.

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

Read more, brother, read more...

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

Tmo is not running LTE through 1900 they are using that for hspa+ tmo only LTE band is 1700/2100 that is band 4 which is tmo only LTE band. They did get more LTE spectrum from metro but they are using that to make band 4 better. They are banking on some 600 spectrum next year though.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Tmo is not running LTE through 1900 they are using that for hspa+ tmo only LTE band is 1700/2100 that is band 4 which is tmo only LTE band. They did get more LTE spectrum from metro but they are using that to make band 4 better. They are banking on some 600 spectrum next year though.

I never said they were... The other dude said they only had one freq on one band...

Regardless of all this crap, sprint and Tmob will soon be filching many Verizon customers

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I never said they were... The other dude said they only had one freq on one band...

Regardless of all this crap, sprint and Tmob will soon be filching many Verizon customers

And AT&T :).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo