Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Damn! Look at these Spark speeds in NYC...

I know its hard to be believe this is Sprint. Sure will be nice when its done, then maybe all the T-MO cheerleading that goes on here in the Sprint forum will finally STFU!

Damn! Look at these Spark speeds in NYC...-mg6dp65.png

Damn! Look at these Spark speeds in NYC...-zo5xbab.png

Damn! Look at these Spark speeds in NYC...-6l1uo4n.png
    delthor7 likes this.

Default Re: Damn! Look at these Spark speeds in NYC...

Quote Originally Posted by lennyj17 View Post
    I know its hard to be believe this is Sprint. Sure will be nice when its done, then maybe all the T-MO cheerleading that goes on here in the Sprint forum will finally STFU!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mg6Dp65.png 
Views:	207 
Size:	137.0 KB 
ID:	95957

Name:	zo5xBaB.png 
Views:	203 
Size:	136.6 KB 
ID:	95958

Name:	6l1uo4N.png 
Views:	204 
Size:	137.1 KB 
ID:	95959
    Dayummmm.
    But hold onnnnnnnn. You have a Nexus 5 on Sprint?
    I have a Nexus 5 on sprint and reached out to them because I'm not getting spark here in Miami. They replied that Google has a scheduled update for the nexus 5 on sprint to activate Spark on it.
    Wth ???

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    13,810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

To take a quote from Tommy Boy: "Holy Schnikes!!!"

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Nice

I hope Sprint can keep it up honestly.. I'd love two unlimited carriers with speeds to rival the bigger ones.

When did you switch from Verizon Lenny?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    I hope Sprint can keep it up honestly.. I'd love two unlimited carriers with speeds to rival the bigger ones.

Amen brother!
    Sensorly --- Signal Check Pro --- Root Metrics

Bend, Oregon
    sierrajinx9 likes this.
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

When did you switch from Verizon Lenny?

True true...I also hope those speeds can maintain when it's more than just one guy using that bandwidth...Personally, I'm happy with my 35-42Mbps download speeds. That is faster than my wireless router can do.
    delthor7 likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by HalizDad View Post
    True true...I also hope those speeds can maintain when it's more than just one guy using that bandwidth...Personally, I'm happy with my 35-42Mbps download speeds. That is faster than my wireless router can do.
    Well its more than just "one guy using bandwith" keep in mind there's still WiMax subs running on the same Bandwidth....Right now Sprint's Band 41 is probably as congested as T-MO LTE pipes but with a lot more spectrum available to it over T-MO. T-MO is more likely to hit capacity constants long before band 41, plus T-MO has no other bands for backup, like Sprint has 800/1900.
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

Well its more than just "one guy using bandwith" keep in mind there's still WiMax subs running on the same Bandwidth....Right now Sprint's Band 41 is probably as congested as T-MO LTE pipes but with a lot more spectrum available to it over T-MO. T-MO is more likely to hit capacity constants long before band 41, plus T-MO has no other bands for backup, like Sprint has 800/1900.
    Wow, talk about uninformed...Tmob uses:
    850/900/1800/1900 GSM
    Band II (1900) and
    Band IV (1700/2100/AWS)

Anything else before I quit listening to you?

Wow, talk about uninformed...Tmob uses:
    850/900/1800/1900 GSM
    Band II (1900) and
    Band IV (1700/2100/AWS)

Anything else before I quit listening to you?
    Those other bands are hspa+ and edge. Tmo LTE has only band 4. Sprint has 1900 800 and 2500.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2 (Central n Ohio Austin IL)
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Central n ohios best View Post
    Those other bands are hspa+ and edge. Tmo LTE has only band 4. Sprint has 1900 800 and 2500.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2 (Central n Ohio Austin IL)
    Nope...T-Mobile bought Metro PCS and got all of their LTE/AWS spectrum also...1900, 1700LTE/AWS, and 2100AWS, and you don't need a new handset like sprint to enjoy it... I'm not hating on Sprint, but first you needed a new phone for wimax, then one for lte, and now another for spark... WTF?
    Last edited by HalizDad; 12-09-2013 at 03:39 PM.
    Thanked by:
    Jay Holm likes this.

Lenny when did you go back to Sprint from Verizon?

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Lenny when did you go back to Sprint from Verizon?

I'm not.....But I like what I'm seeing so far, make me more confident Sprint will have it together by the time my VZW contract runs out next Sept. I can't wait, Verizon overpriced Garbage, if I had to do again, I would've went with AIO wireless to wait out on while Sprint finishes NV.

Nope...T-Mobile bought Metro PCS and got all of their LTE/AWS spectrum also...1900, 1700LTE/AWS, and 2100AWS, and you don't need a new handset like sprint to enjoy it... I'm not hating on Sprint, but first you needed a new phone for wimax, then one for lte, and now another for spark... WTF?
    Everything I've read states T-MO is ONLY launching LTE on 1700 AWS...Not 1900 nor 2100.....You're the first I've read that happening. However its well confirmed that Sprint will have LTE on 800/1900/ and 2.5....Band 41 gives Sprint a ridiculous amount of capacity alone. I'm not worried about Spark slowing down if ever, especially not with Sprint only have 55 million subs.
    ttwiitch likes this.

I'm not.....But I like what I'm seeing so far, make me more confident Sprint will have it together by the time my VZW contract runs out next Sept. I can't wait, Verizon overpriced Garbage, if I had to do again, I would've went with AIO wireless to wait out on while Sprint finishes NV.

Everything I've read states T-MO is ONLY launching LTE on 1700 AWS...Not 1900 nor 2100.....You're the first I've read that happening. However its well confirmed that Sprint will have LTE on 800/1900/ and 2.5....Band 41 gives Sprint a ridiculous amount of capacity alone. I'm not worried about Spark slowing down if ever, especially not with Sprint only have 55 million subs.
    This.

Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

Yes, I left Verizon for sprint, then off to Tmob... Verizon is highly overrated.

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

Read more, brother, read more...

I think he is talking about things like this Lenny.

As you can see people in that market hit 70 Mbit as well.

Tmo is not running LTE through 1900 they are using that for hspa+ tmo only LTE band is 1700/2100 that is band 4 which is tmo only LTE band. They did get more LTE spectrum from metro but they are using that to make band 4 better. They are banking on some 600 spectrum next year though.

Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Central n ohios best View Post
    Tmo is not running LTE through 1900 they are using that for hspa+ tmo only LTE band is 1700/2100 that is band 4 which is tmo only LTE band. They did get more LTE spectrum from metro but they are using that to make band 4 better. They are banking on some 600 spectrum next year though.

I never said they were... The other dude said they only had one freq on one band...

Regardless of all this crap, sprint and Tmob will soon be filching many Verizon customers

I never said they were... The other dude said they only had one freq on one band...

Regardless of all this crap, sprint and Tmob will soon be filching many Verizon customers

And AT&T .

So how long until these speeds become more common???

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Get your mls number from sprint dial *#*#data#*#* than click on lte, edit enabled all 3 bands make band 40 priority 1 the rest 0 than hit back and your ready to go

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:

Thanks, it's my new project. But I doubt it will be here.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

This is to enable spark on the nexus 5

Here are the screen shots for spark on a nexus 5

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Damn! Look at these Spark speeds in NYC...-1386658365464.jpg   Damn! Look at these Spark speeds in NYC...-1386658378909.jpg  
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast