Sprint's New "Framily" (Friends and Family) Plan

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Customers with Sprint Spark-enabled devices can select the new Sprint Framily Plan ? a revolutionary pricing program that lets consumers decide who they consider family. The Sprint Framily Plan is available to new and existing customers. The more people added to the group, up to 10 phone lines, the greater the savings for everyone on the plan. And because each account can be billed separately, customers can choose who is in their group.

For one line of service, new Sprint customers pay $55 per month per line for unlimited talk, text and 1GB of data. For each additional new Sprint customer who joins the Framily group, the cost per person goes down $5 a month up to a maximum monthly discount of $30 per line. Build a group of at least seven people and everyone gets unlimited talk, text and 1GB of data for $25 per month per line (pricing excludes taxes and surcharges). All members of the group can customize their plan to meet their unique needs. For only $20 per month per line, Framily members can buy up to unlimited data plus get a new phone every year. Plan members can share the savings, without the hassle of sharing a bill. Each account can be billed separately. Unlimited features are while on the Sprint network.

For details on Sprint?s 4G LTE rebuild and rollout, go to Sprint LTE Coverage - Sprint 4G LTE Rollout. For 4G LTE maps, visit www.sprint.com/coverage. Customers, consumers and members of the media are encouraged to check back regularly as all maps will be updated and revised as the network?s coverage expands.

Sprint Redefines the Wireless Family with the New Sprint Framily Plan | Sprint Newsroom

https://now.sprint.com/framily/

Sprint's new 'Framily Plans' offers big savings | Mobile - CNET News

With Sprint's new plan, friends and neighbors can be your 'framily' | PCWorld

How the new Sprint 'Framily' Plan works | Digital Trends

Mav. :cool:

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm considering going to this new plan. I have 4 lines on my account and there are 4 other family members that have Sprint lines. So with 8 lines it will be quite a deal. The only thing is that to move to this plan you have to be upgrade eligible. All my lines received upgrades in the last 12 months. From what I read, normally in that situation you'd have to pay $15 per line extra for 12 months or until the lines become upgrade eligible (whatever comes first). However I've seen where it says for a limited time they waive that fee. If that's the case I'm going to jump on this plan. It'll save me close to $100 a month even if I sprint for the extra 3gig data option.

From the wording on their site:

Good news. If you’re a Sprint customer with a discounted phone and you’re eligible for an upgrade, you can change to the Sprint Framily℠ Plan. If you’re not upgrade eligible, not to worry – you can change your plan to the Sprint Framily Plan by paying an additional $15/mo/line until you are upgrade eligible or after 12 consecutive months of billing on the $20 per month Unlimited data + Annual upgrade buy up, whichever comes first. And for a limited time if you purchased a discounted phone prior to 1/10/14 and are not upgrade eligible, Sprint will waive the $15/mo/line service charge to move to the Sprint Framily Plan.

Also, the data overage charge is 1.5cent a meg, which I don't think is too bad though it's obviously cheaper to buy in advance.

Last edited:

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Customers with Sprint Spark-enabled devices can select the new Sprint Framily Plan ? a revolutionary pricing program that lets consumers decide who they consider family. The Sprint Framily Plan is available to new and existing customers. The more people added to the group, up to 10 phone lines, the greater the savings for everyone on the plan. And because each account can be billed separately, customers can choose who is in their group.

For one line of service, new Sprint customers pay $55 per month per line for unlimited talk, text and 1GB of data. For each additional new Sprint customer who joins the Framily group, the cost per person goes down $5 a month up to a maximum monthly discount of $30 per line. Build a group of at least seven people and everyone gets unlimited talk, text and 1GB of data for $25 per month per line (pricing excludes taxes and surcharges). All members of the group can customize their plan to meet their unique needs. For only $20 per month per line, Framily members can buy up to unlimited data plus get a new phone every year. Plan members can share the savings, without the hassle of sharing a bill. Each account can be billed separately. Unlimited features are while on the Sprint network.

For details on Sprint?s 4G LTE rebuild and rollout, go to Sprint LTE Coverage - Sprint 4G LTE Rollout. For 4G LTE maps, visit www.sprint.com/coverage. Customers, consumers and members of the media are encouraged to check back regularly as all maps will be updated and revised as the network?s coverage expands.

Sprint Redefines the Wireless Family with the New Sprint Framily Plan | Sprint Newsroom

https://now.sprint.com/framily/

Sprint's new 'Framily Plans' offers big savings | Mobile - CNET News

With Sprint's new plan, friends and neighbors can be your 'framily' | PCWorld

How the new Sprint 'Framily' Plan works | Digital Trends

Mav. :cool:

Only problem is the corporate discounts only apply to data addons. But it's still cheaper than many plans.

Posted via Android Central App

mtwaldman

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Only problem is the corporate discounts only apply to data addons. But it's still cheaper than many plans.

It was cheaper for me to switch to this plan from the everything plan, but I am having a difficult time to find people to join my framily to maximize the benefits. I think the rollout of this plan is very confusing. I got different information from the store then the phone support and I do not know which of my friends are using sprint, (it is not a normal topic of discussion).

It seems like a great idea, but the explanation and implementation seem very poor.

Hiberny

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Any clue what fees Sprint will add to this? I'm trying to compare to my T-Mobile family plan with all taxes and fees.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
It was cheaper for me to switch to this plan from the everything plan, but I am having a difficult time to find people to join my framily to maximize the benefits. I think the rollout of this plan is very confusing. I got different information from the store then the phone support and I do not know which of my friends are using sprint, (it is not a normal topic of discussion).

It seems like a great idea, but the explanation and implementation seem very poor.

Did you have to go to a corporate store or do it via phone?

mtwaldman

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I actually called a store close to my work and she set me up over the phone. I just joined sprint about 3 weeks ago, and switching to this plan is saving me $15 dollars over the original plan. I just want to warn you though, I have buyers remorse with switching from AT&T to sprint. The 4LTE on At&t was 3X faster, I never experienced roaming issues with AT&T and I never had dropped calls. I was too late to switch back to At&t (you only have 14 days to cancel your contract after starting one).

What I am personally looking for now is a way to reduce cost on Sprint, and this plan seems to be it. I am just having a difficult time finding people to join my framily, The maximium benefit of this plan is achieved if you have 7-10 people on it.

alvin319

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I would like to add some very notable info to this. I started looking at this plan last week when it was announced. Looked at all the documentation on there website and called and talked to a CS rep before my Family and I made an appt to do the switch.

Me and my wife have Sprint, My sister and her other half, and my parents along with my grandmother. I read all the fine print and explained all this to the CS rep. The rep said no problem that we were in perfect shape to take advantage of this plan for a total of 7 lines and I could not find any so called catches anywhere in the documentation. So I made the appt for this past Sat.

So I took my family and all other parties to the Sprint store along with my 9 month old and six year old thinking that this was going to be a simple process. Well I was WRONG!!! We explained to the associate informed that we could not in any way merge existing accounts onto the Framily plan and have separate bills. I asked her to show me where it says that and the only place that she could show me was in an internal document. She also made a phone call to there CS and received the same answer. I call this false advertising. So what we had to do was do a transfer of ownership on two of the accounts and to open up brand new accounts so that we could take advantage of the Framily plan. This tool about 3 hours to complete. This plan is nothing but a marketing plan for the current customers to go out and find Sprint more new customers. This is not for current customers to help other Friends and family members save money that are already with Sprint.

Another thing to add is the additional $15 per month per line. Yes they are offering this for a limited time but what they don't tell you is that when the promotional offer ends and if you have not reached your upgrade eligibility date then they will start charging you that $15 per month per line. But the thing is not one rep or store personnel can tell you when that offer will end. I even spoke with a supervisor and all he did was dance around the question and gave no straight answer as to when it will end or that I would never be charged this.

So in the end we did find a loop hole but I did lose my account tenure of 15+ years and now look like an ***** new customer. Also I used to get promotional offers that newer customers did not see. Like the one I just got recently was a free Galaxy Tab 3. This also was and inconvenience to my family as I did all my research and made my phone calls before I went to switch. As of right now I would not recommend Sprint to anyone and am still debating getting out myself.

So just a heads up if you are thinking of switching to this plan. I it not only confusing for the normal customer but Sprint seems very confused about it themselves.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I would like to add some very notable info to this. I started looking at this plan last week when it was announced. Looked at all the documentation on there website and called and talked to a CS rep before my Family and I made an appt to do the switch.

Me and my wife have Sprint, My sister and her other half, and my parents along with my grandmother. I read all the fine print and explained all this to the CS rep. The rep said no problem that we were in perfect shape to take advantage of this plan for a total of 7 lines and I could not find any so called catches anywhere in the documentation. So I made the appt for this past Sat.

So I took my family and all other parties to the Sprint store along with my 9 month old and six year old thinking that this was going to be a simple process. Well I was WRONG!!! We explained to the associate informed that we could not in any way merge existing accounts onto the Framily plan and have separate bills. I asked her to show me where it says that and the only place that she could show me was in an internal document. She also made a phone call to there CS and received the same answer. I call this false advertising. So what we had to do was do a transfer of ownership on two of the accounts and to open up brand new accounts so that we could take advantage of the Framily plan. This tool about 3 hours to complete. This plan is nothing but a marketing plan for the current customers to go out and find Sprint more new customers. This is not for current customers to help other Friends and family members save money that are already with Sprint.

Another thing to add is the additional $15 per month per line. Yes they are offering this for a limited time but what they don't tell you is that when the promotional offer ends and if you have not reached your upgrade eligibility date then they will start charging you that $15 per month per line. But the thing is not one rep or store personnel can tell you when that offer will end. I even spoke with a supervisor and all he did was dance around the question and gave no straight answer as to when it will end or that I would never be charged this.

So in the end we did find a loop hole but I did lose my account tenure of 15+ years and now look like an ***** new customer. Also I used to get promotional offers that newer customers did not see. Like the one I just got recently was a free Galaxy Tab 3. This also was and inconvenience to my family as I did all my research and made my phone calls before I went to switch. As of right now I would not recommend Sprint to anyone and am still debating getting out myself.

So just a heads up if you are thinking of switching to this plan. I it not only confusing for the normal customer but Sprint seems very confused about it themselves.

Thanks for that info. When I first read about this plan, I thought it sounded ridiculous really. The One Up Plan was simple and straight forward. I switched to that plan for the Unlimited for Life, if that changes I will seriously consider that a beach of contact.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

Ouch. I'm a 14 year customer. Was planning on combining my 4 lines with the 4 lines my mom has on her account. It's sounding like they won't make it easy and that they are "waiving the $15 fee" for a limited time isn't as great as it sounds.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Man Alvin that sounds horrible.. I'd never go to that.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Hiberny

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

When you get your bill do you mind sharing the break down with us? I'd love to see what fees are added. Is there still a $10 smartphone fee?

alvin319

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
When you get your bill do you mind sharing the break down with us? I'd love to see what fees are added. Is there still a $10 smartphone fee?

Ha, I already have the first bill and of course it was not correct. They did not give the discount for the 7 lines on the plan and did not break out the additional unlimited data. They are telling me that it take two billing cycles for this to show. But I did call and they did a manual credit for this bill. They also did not have my corporate discount added which you still get on the data portion if you up your data to 3GB or unlimited. There were no additional fees on this bill. We will have to wait and see what next months bill looks like to get the real picture.

Hiberny

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
If they can get the discount worked out quickly, this has the potential to be as big a hit as T-Mobile's new plans.

alvin319

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
If they can get the discount worked out quickly, this has the potential to be as big a hit as T-Mobile's new plans.

After all said and done. I will be paying $40 per line ($25 per line plan with 7 Framily members, $15 for the unlimited add on with 25% Home Depot discount). Then I have an additional tablet plan for $15. Yes it is most definatly a great deal, best one I have seen in a long time. But what a pain to get it that way.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
After all said and done. I will be paying $40 per line ($25 per line plan with 7 Framily members, $15 for the unlimited add on with 25% Home Depot discount). Then I have an additional tablet plan for $15. Yes it is most definatly a great deal, best one I have seen in a long time. But what a pain to get it that way.

Does the corporate discount only apply to the extra data charges on just one line or all of them?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante