Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By gameaddict8
  • 1 Post By Almeuit
  • 2 Post By j14woods
  • 1 Post By Almeuit
  • 2 Post By Almeuit
  • 1 Post By Hiney106
  • 1 Post By perfecthybrid
  • 1 Post By joey_h946
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why is the Sprint traditional 2 year agreement no longer an option at Sprint stores?

We went into a Sprint store the other day to renew 2 of the 4 agreements on my plan. They pitched me the new Framily plan. I listened to the pitch and it seemed to me the disconnect is that I always counted the phone subsidy as part of my monthly cost even though it is not itemized. The way I understand Framily saves me monthly on the bill until you add in the phone financing payment. At that point upgrading 2 of the 4 phones on my plan adds $30 a month to my plan.

I tell them I would rather just renew the standard 2 year agreement. They inform me they are not able to do that, they are only able to sign the new plan moving forward.
    I have been happy with Sprint for 4 years now and I appreciate that they are trying to evolve. Having said that, I find myself wishing T-Mobl had the same kind of unlimited data Sprint offers to get away from the Framily limitations.

Default Re: WHy is the Sprint traditional 2 year agreement no longer an option at Sprint stores?

I haven't heard that they're replacing regular contracts. I'd call customer service and try to renew the plans you want.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: WHy is the Sprint traditional 2 year agreement no longer an option at Sprint stores?

Like other carriers Sprint is going away from device subsidies. And doing easy pay.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts

Call customer service or order the phones online, Sprint has not done away with the 2 year contract option for customers.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Just head to best buy

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tedsc View Post
    Having said that, I find myself wishing T-Mobl had the same kind of unlimited data
    What do you mean? T-Mobile offers fully unlimited, unthrottled data just like Sprint.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Csan508 likes this.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gameaddict8 View Post
    Just head to best buy

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk
    +1 for best buy, fast, easy and phone prices are almost always better than a Sprint store

Posted via Android Central App
    GiantJay and Csan508 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    What do you mean? T-Mobile offers fully unlimited, unthrottled data just like Sprint.

In What Country? Not in this one

Quote Originally Posted by sierrajinx9 View Post
    In What Country? Not in this one
    Yes? In this one?

T-Mobile offers fully unlimited data.. It's been part of their uncarrier strategy since the beginning.

Csan508 likes this.

Default Re: Why is the Sprint traditional 2 year agreement no longer an option at Sprint stores?

See below.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why is the Sprint traditional 2 year agreement no longer an option at Sprint stores?-1392099492353.jpg  
    Csan508 and sierrajinx9 like this.

Default Re: Why is the Sprint traditional 2 year agreement no longer an option at Sprint stores?

Sprint is trying to be like T-Mobile. no contract no more. but Wal- Mart still does the standard 2 years contract for Sprint.

Avoid the Sprint store. Go Best Buy or Costco (better price but membership required).

Posted via the Android Central App

I just got off the phone with a sprint supervisor, the reason the sprint stores are telling you no more 2 year contracts is because the people working there get commision on the new no contract plans. a Sprint supervisor told me this. they still have the 2 year contracts......
    ttwiitch likes this.

My parents got sold on this when they upgraded phones. I told them the in store rep was wrong but they didn't think to go to another store at the time because they believed the rep. It's disappointing that the reps are outright lying to get the commission. Incidentally jumping to the framily like they are told they had to completely botched their account (exactly what the rep said would not happen). They ended up spending a few hours on the phone with Sprint to get it untangled and back to what it was before.

Csan508 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by perfecthybrid View Post
    My parents got sold on this when they upgraded phones. I told them the in store rep was wrong but they didn't think to go to another store at the time because they believed the rep. It's disappointing that the reps are outright lying to get the commission. Incidentally jumping to the framily like they are told they had to completely botched their account (exactly what the rep said would not happen). They ended up spending a few hours on the phone with Sprint to get it untangled and back to what it was before.

Not saying its right, but they literally don't get paid if you do a contract. It's sprints fault. I wouldn't work for free either

Posted via Nexus 6 with unlimited international data via AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by tedsc View Post
    We went into a Sprint store the other day to renew 2 of the 4 agreements on my plan. They pitched me the new Framily plan. I listened to the pitch and it seemed to me the disconnect is that I always counted the phone subsidy as part of my monthly cost even though it is not itemized. The way I understand Framily saves me monthly on the bill until you add in the phone financing payment. At that point upgrading 2 of the 4 phones on my plan adds $30 a month to my plan.

I tell them I would rather just renew the standard 2 year agreement. They inform me they are not able to do that, they are only able to sign the new plan moving forward.
    I have been happy with Sprint for 4 years now and I appreciate that they are trying to evolve. Having said that, I find myself wishing T-Mobl had the same kind of unlimited data Sprint offers to get away from the Framily limitations.
    I know I'm showing up late to the party... But the reason 2 year contracts aren't available with sprint, and other companies for that matter, is simply because of money. With a 2 year contract, sprint doesn't make money off of you until after the first year, which isn't very cost efficient
    tippmann15 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by joey_h946 View Post
    I know I'm showing up late to the party... But the reason 2 year contracts aren't available with sprint, and other companies for that matter, is simply because of money. With a 2 year contract, sprint doesn't make money off of you until after the first year, which isn't very cost efficient
    That's simply not true. It was basically the same way it is now, but they show you the price you're paying instead of building it into the plan

Posted via Nexus 6 with unlimited international data via AT&T