Thanking of switching

WildCatBBN3

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Currently with Verizon on an IPhone 5. Wanting to switch to Android. But I want an unlimited data plan since androids use more and I'm not trying to pay the big bill with Verizon. I'd like to know the good bad n ugly of Sprint. Is it a legit carrier now since they have LTE.

Tapped out on my iPhone 5

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't have Sprint, so I won't be able to comment, but it really depends on where in the US you live.

Dngrsone

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I am not familiar with their latest plans. I am on a family plan, but I do have unlimited data.

Be sure that Sprint has LTE coverage on your area and that the phone you choose is also the same.

My coverages is slowly improving, but my phone is wimax, so I am stuck at 3G until I can upgrade my phone.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

masonfactor

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
All depends on where you are. Sprint generally lags behind but has been making huge process (In NYC it has gotten to be mostly on par with Verizon/ AT&T).

Make sure the phone you get is capable of operating on the new frequencies they bought (called Spark by Sprint). The best way of finding out your coverage is asking friends. Another good idea is to check out: Markets - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates if you live in a major market that they have a forum for. They can give you a really good idea of the speed and coverage to expect, especially with a Spark phone.

Right now the biggest pain point that will take the longest to fix is indoor coverage. The spectrum they use right now for LTE has poor wall penetration. Part of the Spark upgrade includes a lower frequency that should help fix that problem, but that part of the upgrade in particular will take the most time to complete.

cachun402

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Im the opposite i want to switch ti verizon but at the same time I dont. But I dont like sprint I personally never had a problem I lived in Nebraska and now in California and still no problem what I love about them is the unlimited data no other carriers offer that anymore.

Posted via Android Central App

Nicole Mccullough

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I am not familiar with their latest plans. I am on a family plan, but I do have unlimited data.

Be sure that Sprint has LTE coverage on your area and that the phone you choose is also the same.

My coverages is slowly improving, but my phone is wimax, so I am stuck at 3G until I can upgrade my phone.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
To the original poster. I agree with you about wanting to switch to Android but there is no way that the iPhone can use less data.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair