1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Thanking of switching

Currently with Verizon on an IPhone 5. Wanting to switch to Android. But I want an unlimited data plan since androids use more and I'm not trying to pay the big bill with Verizon. I'd like to know the good bad n ugly of Sprint. Is it a legit carrier now since they have LTE.

Tapped out on my iPhone 5

Default Re: Thanking of switching

I'd switch to whoever has the best unthrottled LTE network where you live.

Note 3 ~ 5s

I don't have Sprint, so I won't be able to comment, but it really depends on where in the US you live.

I am not familiar with their latest plans. I am on a family plan, but I do have unlimited data.

Be sure that Sprint has LTE coverage on your area and that the phone you choose is also the same.

My coverages is slowly improving, but my phone is wimax, so I am stuck at 3G until I can upgrade my phone.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

All depends on where you are. Sprint generally lags behind but has been making huge process (In NYC it has gotten to be mostly on par with Verizon/ AT&T).

Make sure the phone you get is capable of operating on the new frequencies they bought (called Spark by Sprint). The best way of finding out your coverage is asking friends. Another good idea is to check out: if you live in a major market that they have a forum for. They can give you a really good idea of the speed and coverage to expect, especially with a Spark phone.

Right now the biggest pain point that will take the longest to fix is indoor coverage. The spectrum they use right now for LTE has poor wall penetration. Part of the Spark upgrade includes a lower frequency that should help fix that problem, but that part of the upgrade in particular will take the most time to complete.

Im the opposite i want to switch ti verizon but at the same time I dont. But I dont like sprint I personally never had a problem I lived in Nebraska and now in California and still no problem what I love about them is the unlimited data no other carriers offer that anymore.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Dngrsone View Post
    I am not familiar with their latest plans. I am on a family plan, but I do have unlimited data.

Be sure that Sprint has LTE coverage on your area and that the phone you choose is also the same.

My coverages is slowly improving, but my phone is wimax, so I am stuck at 3G until I can upgrade my phone.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I'm on sprint and have a note 3. I was wanting to know is there anyway I could switch this phone to straight talk