Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Almeuit
  • 1 Post By sliver108
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,011 Global Posts

Default Sprint is shuttering stores and laying off repair techs to help cut its losses

Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Default Re: Sprint is shuttering stores and laying off repair techs to help cut its losses

Ouch..

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Default Re: Sprint is shuttering stores and laying off repair techs to help cut its losses

To bad for Sprint but more importantly the employees that have lost their jobs...
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    My Blog: C2JBlog.com
    Thanked by:

I feel for those guys, but you gotta admit that some of those places are a disaster with very little real customer service.
    My opinion, anyway.

Posted via Android Central App

wasn't their "network vision" supposed to recoup some costs, ya know from electricity and heat and whatnot

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Not much of a surprise. Usual procedure when mergers happen. They look at underperforming stores and close them. Every business does this. In my area there are 4 Sprint retail stores within 5 miles, overkill for any retailer.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    Not much of a surprise. Usual procedure when mergers happen.

You mean potential mergers? I haven't seen a confirmed one .

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    You mean potential mergers? I haven't seen a confirmed one .

No, I think it's a done deal. Since July 2013. (I was taking about Softbank, after thinking about it, I think you might be thinking TMo, )

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-rele...-of-merger.htm

Last edited by msndrstood; 03-21-2014 at 06:17 PM.
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

No, I think it's a done deal. Since July 2013. (I was taking about Softbank, after thinking about it, I think you might be thinking TMo, )

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-rele...-of-merger.htm

Oh Yep I thought you meant the potential T-Mobile / Sprint one :sly:

msndrstood likes this.

Global Posts
    18,551 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Not good either way...

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Sprint is only doing what every other carrier learned a long time ago... Don't have a bunch of stores, and only have 1 store in a radios have staff trained to fix.... Verizon, AT&T and US Cellular both had multiple stores in the area. Within the last 3 years, they came in, closed all their stores, bought out all the authorized agents and reopened big stores... Verizon & US Cellular both hire a large amount at both stores... They sell phones and have techs that can repair phones on site... TMOBILE only has a larger retail store and now sprint... who has a corporate store in the mall, and across the street a corporate store... none of which can fix a phone, you must drive 35 min south to Kenosha... The Age of "Convenient" locations has gone... 1 Store per city that can do it all... less employee's more offering... sad but true
    Last edited by sierrajinx9; 03-21-2014 at 11:22 PM.

Not much of a surprise. Usual procedure when mergers happen. They look at underperforming stores and close them. Every business does this. In my area there are 4 Sprint retail stores within 5 miles, overkill for any retailer.

I saw 3 tmobile stores/kiosks within a quarter mile area once

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

I wasn't really shocked about this when I found out weeks back. They are just an irresponsible company in general. I feel bad for the people that lost their jobs.

I'm curious though if they'll be turning things around. The new management seems to be pretty intense but the network needs a ton of building up or something.

Right now though I'm not happy with either the network or CS. And I'm very suspicious of the possible policy of Boost Mobile because I pay automatically yet they claim I had 5 not-on-time payments since September? How is that possible? So I'm switching to Aio this weekend but I still have my dumbphone Sprint line for another year unless I pay the etf. :-(

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    I'm curious though if they'll be turning things around. The new management seems to be pretty intense but the network needs a ton of building up or something.

Right now though I'm not happy with either the network or CS. And I'm very suspicious of the possible policy of Boost Mobile because I pay automatically yet they claim I had 5 not-on-time payments since September? How is that possible? So I'm switching to Aio this weekend but I still have my dumbphone Sprint line for another year unless I pay the etf. :-(

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2
    Everyone knows the first step when there is massive blood loss...stop it. The first order of business should have been to stop the tremendous amount of subscriber loss. Realize that even a huge credit will still allow a profit long term and less bad press. But what do they do lol... They pull a T-Mobile and now want to buy other contracts out from competing carries. That makes sense, use expensive CAC's to put people in a ship that is taking on water lol...idiots.
    Thanked by:
    mrsmumbles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sliver108 View Post
    Everyone knows the first step when there is massive blood loss...stop it. The first order of business should have been to stop the tremendous amount of subscriber loss. Realize that even a huge credit will still allow a profit long term and less bad press. But what do they do lol... They pull a T-Mobile and now want to buy other contracts out from competing carries. That makes sense, use expensive CAC's to put people in a ship that is taking on water lol...idiots.
    Well said. I'm amazed by how bad they are at this point - in my experience.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2