Any pics of 4g towers?

smileshappy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So curious.

Anyone have a pic or image of a sprint 4G tower? I heard the wimax is different.

Would be nice to know what to look for. See alot of new or upgraded towers here in Ann Arbor Mi. I am surprised cell companies don't put their name in big letters on their cell towers. Even if they share the tower.

Just curious.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
You would be suprised how many towers are not owned by the actual carriers.
If they were owned by Sprint for example, then they would have ONLY sprint equipment.
When i worked in the 2-way industry American Tower was the big company who had towers across the country and would lease the space to all of the carriers and 2-way people.
This would ensure maximum coverage. Otherwise you might be looking at 4 towers (verizon, sprint, att, tmobile) all super close and that would look awefull. Well to some that is.

walterwood44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
4G Antenna on Power Pole in Orlando Area

This is a shot of a 4G antenna on top of a concrete power pole near my house in the Orlando area. The 4G setup is in the center of the photo with a 3G cell on the next pole to the right in the photo.

For those in the Orlando area this is on Wekiva Springs Rd about 1.3 miles north of SR-436 in Apopka.

italianotampa

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Some of them have a circle looking antenna too depending on the area and cell site. Imagine circles on a big pole pointed in different areas.

smileshappy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
This is a shot of a 4G antenna on top of a concrete power pole near my house in the Orlando area. The 4G setup is in the center of the photo with a 3G cell on the next pole to the right in the photo.

For those in the Orlando area this is on Wekiva Springs Rd about 1.3 miles north of SR-436 in Apopka.

Thanks for the pic.
I seen setups like that in North Carolina (wilmington area) when I was on vacation. Thought that was a clever way to utilize space. Nothing like that up here in south east Michigan.

Sprint store told me over the weekend.. my area should see something end of year to beginning of next year. Even though Sprint doesn't say anything about the detroit area. Will see if that rep knew what they were talking about.

smileshappy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Some of them have a circle looking antenna too depending on the area and cell site. Imagine circles on a big pole pointed in different areas.

I have noticed alot of towers lately that have what lok like small enclosed Direct tv type dishes. They are fairrly new on alot of cell towers. See Lot of them in the Ann Arbor Mi area.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908