Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint Easy Pay

Good Morning. I'm considering Sprint Easy Pay to get the M8. Id hate to drop down 500 up front but the more I read up on the program, the more unsure I become. I'm looking for some opinions from those who have signed up or just general opinions. Two questions, can we pay more than the required down payment? And to piggyback off that, can we pay more towards the phone or pay off earlier? Thanks for any assistance. ❤

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Sprint Easy Pay

Yes you can pay the phone off at anytime at a sprint store. Not sure about the down payment part but you should be able to buy the phone if you want to purchase it in full. Anytime you want to pay it off earlier you can though. Enjoy your M8 !

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks so much! The store told me it was not possible. They obviously aren't on top of their game. I may go to Best buy to handle.

I am polymerized tree sap and you are an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by TheJediGoddess View Post
    Thanks so much! The store told me it was not possible. They obviously aren't on top of their game. I may go to Best buy to handle.

No problem ! The lady at my sprint store told me I can pay my phone off anytime. The good thing is theres no 2 year contract so if you pay off your phone you can jump ship or upgrade to something else.

Quote Originally Posted by xxtechhead View Post
    No problem ! The lady at my sprint store told me I can pay my phone off anytime. The good thing is theres no 2 year contract so if you pay off your phone you can jump ship or upgrade to something else.

This is the way it needs to be done across the board. Work it just like a Credit Card, charge the minimum installment amount to the bill, but let the Customer pay as much (over the minimum) as they want... To pay it off early. and as long as the device on that particular line has been paid off that line can upgrade (and use Easy Pay again).... Only should be required to turn in Old Phone if Customer wants to apply it as a Credit towards new handset....

Quote Originally Posted by lennyj17 View Post
    This is the way it needs to be done across the board. Work it just like a Credit Card, charge the minimum installment amount to the bill, but let the Customer pay as much (over the minimum) as they want... To pay it off early. and as long as the device on that particular line has been paid off that line can upgrade (and use Easy Pay again).... Only should be required to turn in Old Phone if Customer wants to apply it as a Credit towards new handset....
    I agree completely. T-mobile deserves a thank you specifically John Legere for introducing these new methods into the mobile carrier industry.

Quote Originally Posted by xxtechhead View Post
    I agree completely. T-mobile deserves a thank you specifically John Legere for introducing these new methods into the mobile carrier industry.

Yep. I paid off my Note in full the next month after getting it for 0 down.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Just a note here - the store cannot accept a larger down payment than what is required. You have to call CS and pay anything additional you want. I do not recommend using bestbuy since I tried twice and their system wouldn't allow the transaction to go through. It put a hold on my card for both transactions. Sprint stores are better honestly.

Also, when you pay it off, they need to do an additional step and remove the device payment plan. Had an issue where I paid off the M8 and it wouldn't let me buy a S5. The store had to do something additional the CS didn't do.

So is the system set up that if I use Easy Pay, and pay off my phone early, lets say 3 months, I can get another phone on Easy Pay? Or do I have to wait a year before I can use it again?

Quote Originally Posted by mak916 View Post
    So is the system set up that if I use Easy Pay, and pay off my phone early, lets say 3 months, I can get another phone on Easy Pay? Or do I have to wait a year before I can use it again?
    As soon as you pay off your phone you can get any other phone you want. The yearly upgrades are when you pay your installment plans for a year then trade your phone back in for a different one.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Thanked by 2: