Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Almeuit
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint to allow phone unlocking for domestic (US) carriers in 2015

Sprint will allow phone unlocking for domestic use in 2015. From my own experiences with Sprint they usually only like to unlock for international use but sounds like they are changing their tune. .

Sprint plans to make their Android smartphones SIM unlockable in February 2015 | Android Central

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    VW Maverick likes this.

Default Re: Sprint to allow phone unlocking for domestic (US) carriers in 2015

Since sprint now allows a 'real' nexus on their network, what's the point?

I find sprints' phones to be filled with bloatware. Sprint tv, nascar, sprint zones etc. etc. bloatware after bloatware....

I thought they used to be an option where you could delete said bloatware, but I guess they stopped that a while ago.

What they really need to do is do what Nexus/HTC one m8 are doing and buy directly from the manufacturer so you can bypass carrier updates and get rid of any carrier bloatware.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Bigballer View Post
    Since sprint now allows a 'real' nexus on their network, what's the point?

I find sprints' phones to be filled with bloatware. Sprint tv, nascar, sprint zones etc. etc. bloatware after bloatware....

I thought they used to be an option where you could delete said bloatware, but I guess they stopped that a while ago.

What they really need to do is do what Nexus/HTC one m8 are doing and buy directly from the manufacturer so you can bypass carrier updates and get rid of any carrier bloatware.
    Some may not be able to buy full price and some may not want a nexus... Those are 2 points .

If I were to switch to Sprint I'd be happy with a Nexus, but my wife would want an S4 Mini. It would be nice to know that we could pop another sim in there if we wanted to leave Sprint. However, this will only be useful if the correct LTE bands are present. Otherwise I could be satisfied with HSPA plus for now.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Some may not be able to buy full price and some may not want a nexus... Those are 2 points .

Didn't sprint get rid of their contracts with the framily plan?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Bigballer View Post
    Didn't sprint get rid of their contracts with the framily plan?
    They did but you still have to pay for the phone in monthly installments.