Sprint to allow phone unlocking for domestic (US) carriers in 2015

Bigballer

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Since sprint now allows a 'real' nexus on their network, what's the point?

I find sprints' phones to be filled with bloatware. Sprint tv, nascar, sprint zones etc. etc. bloatware after bloatware....

I thought they used to be an option where you could delete said bloatware, but I guess they stopped that a while ago.

What they really need to do is do what Nexus/HTC one m8 are doing and buy directly from the manufacturer so you can bypass carrier updates and get rid of any carrier bloatware.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Since sprint now allows a 'real' nexus on their network, what's the point?

I find sprints' phones to be filled with bloatware. Sprint tv, nascar, sprint zones etc. etc. bloatware after bloatware....

I thought they used to be an option where you could delete said bloatware, but I guess they stopped that a while ago.

What they really need to do is do what Nexus/HTC one m8 are doing and buy directly from the manufacturer so you can bypass carrier updates and get rid of any carrier bloatware.

Some may not be able to buy full price and some may not want a nexus... Those are 2 points :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Hiberny

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
If I were to switch to Sprint I'd be happy with a Nexus, but my wife would want an S4 Mini. It would be nice to know that we could pop another sim in there if we wanted to leave Sprint. However, this will only be useful if the correct LTE bands are present. Otherwise I could be satisfied with HSPA plus for now.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2