Which phone should I get?

solo89#AC

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Today is October 3, almost October 4. I'd like to upgrade from my Blackberry Tour to a droid phone and fast.

I'm on Sprint so my options are basically Epic and EVO, and I'm trending towards the EVO.

But I hesitate for one reason.

The EVO came out MONTHS AGO! If this was the last June/July whatever, I'd have NO problem upgrading, so I don't want to pick up an EVO tomorrow (called my local store and they DO have them in stock, BTW) Just to have the EVO 2 announced for a Christmas release.

So my friends, with their fingers on the Droid Pulse, what should I do? Buy an EVO or wait for a new phone to be announced which could be months!

zurch

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I'd get a epic. But I would wait if u want a Evo like device. The Evo has been out a while and something better will be coming out soon. I don't know exactly what , but it has to be soon I would think.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

scrufton

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I went for the Epic and my wife has the Evo. I feel that the epic runs smoother and has a cleaner look. Just my opinion.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if you plan on Rooting or not, but if not, the Evo already has 2.2. I am an Epic owner and am quite happy with the phone. I guess the main question you should ask yourself is keyboard or no keyboard, but even that isn't a big deal as I think I have used the hardware keyboard maybe 2 times since I got the phone on Saturday. Go to a Sprint store and play around with both and see which you like best. Both are great phones and you really can't go wrong with either one.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Pretty much the question you want to ask yourself to toss in the deciding factor here, Do you want a physical keyboard or not?

sprint_fan

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Sprint just announced three new Android phones that aren't 4G, they aren't quite as nice as far as some of the other specs like camera and processor, but they don't have the $10/month charge like the Evo and Epic. I don't know if you have 4G in your area or not and if the $10 is a factor.

4 Star General

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I too came from a Tour/9630. I went with the EVO for a solid month, but I just couldn't get used to not having a keyboard. So I scrapped it, and went EPIC, best choice I made by far. The phones run identical, but the keyboard option was a must. To which I dont use hardly, but its a option when needed. And the EPIC camera takes perfect pictures as well.

atomicdog21

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I understand your concerns about a newer better EVO like phone coming out soon, but consider this: the EVO has been out 3-4 months, and despite the DX,iP4, BB Torch (lol), D2 and all the galaxy S devices that came out after it, it is still the all around phone to beat. In mobile, that staying power is unheard of lately. The EVO will still be worth your while no matter what comes out.

hooPhilip

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I just bought and compared 2 new tmobile android phones. I am returning the Samsung Vibrant, even though it was pretty and a very good phone. The G2 was just better for what I want. Below are my pros and cons which should explain why.

T-mobile Samsung Vibrant vs. tmobile HTC G2
-->HTC wins

PROS
-longer functioning battery life (oddly, despite lower mAh: 1300 vs 1500)
-has an (optional) flip-out keyboard
-better function & tools (android OS 2.2 vs. 2.1 installed)
-faster downloads (HSPA+ in san diego)
-comes with 8GB vs 4GB SanDisk
-sturdier (tank like)
-flash on the camera

CONS
-smaller screen
-smaller icons (slightly harder to select)
-micro USB port exposed (might get sand)
-less pretty (silver frame less pretty than simple black)
-heavier overall (tank like)

NEUTRAL
-same price
-both sufficient photo and video
-HTC's mini mouse pad (irrelevant)
-touch screen (both phones good)
-seven home pages (both phones)
-seperate audio jack (both phones)
-sound(adequate)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members