10-15-2010 02:09 PM
- Today is October 3, almost October 4. I'd like to upgrade from my Blackberry Tour to a droid phone and fast.
I'm on Sprint so my options are basically Epic and EVO, and I'm trending towards the EVO.
But I hesitate for one reason.
The EVO came out MONTHS AGO! If this was the last June/July whatever, I'd have NO problem upgrading, so I don't want to pick up an EVO tomorrow (called my local store and they DO have them in stock, BTW) Just to have the EVO 2 announced for a Christmas release.
So my friends, with their fingers on the Droid Pulse, what should I do? Buy an EVO or wait for a new phone to be announced which could be months!10-03-2010 08:19 PM
- Not sure if you plan on Rooting or not, but if not, the Evo already has 2.2. I am an Epic owner and am quite happy with the phone. I guess the main question you should ask yourself is keyboard or no keyboard, but even that isn't a big deal as I think I have used the hardware keyboard maybe 2 times since I got the phone on Saturday. Go to a Sprint store and play around with both and see which you like best. Both are great phones and you really can't go wrong with either one.10-05-2010 09:28 AM
- Sprint just announced three new Android phones that aren't 4G, they aren't quite as nice as far as some of the other specs like camera and processor, but they don't have the $10/month charge like the Evo and Epic. I don't know if you have 4G in your area or not and if the $10 is a factor.10-08-2010 02:14 PM
- I too came from a Tour/9630. I went with the EVO for a solid month, but I just couldn't get used to not having a keyboard. So I scrapped it, and went EPIC, best choice I made by far. The phones run identical, but the keyboard option was a must. To which I dont use hardly, but its a option when needed. And the EPIC camera takes perfect pictures as well.10-09-2010 06:13 PM
- I understand your concerns about a newer better EVO like phone coming out soon, but consider this: the EVO has been out 3-4 months, and despite the DX,iP4, BB Torch (lol), D2 and all the galaxy S devices that came out after it, it is still the all around phone to beat. In mobile, that staying power is unheard of lately. The EVO will still be worth your while no matter what comes out.10-11-2010 10:22 AM
- I just bought and compared 2 new tmobile android phones. I am returning the Samsung Vibrant, even though it was pretty and a very good phone. The G2 was just better for what I want. Below are my pros and cons which should explain why.
T-mobile Samsung Vibrant vs. tmobile HTC G2
-longer functioning battery life (oddly, despite lower mAh: 1300 vs 1500)
-has an (optional) flip-out keyboard
-better function & tools (android OS 2.2 vs. 2.1 installed)
-faster downloads (HSPA+ in san diego)
-comes with 8GB vs 4GB SanDisk
-sturdier (tank like)
-flash on the camera
-smaller icons (slightly harder to select)
-micro USB port exposed (might get sand)
-less pretty (silver frame less pretty than simple black)
-heavier overall (tank like)
-both sufficient photo and video
-HTC's mini mouse pad (irrelevant)
-touch screen (both phones good)
-seven home pages (both phones)
-seperate audio jack (both phones)
-sound(adequate)10-15-2010 02:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD