Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    BPHusker's Avatar

    Posts
    131 Posts
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Transfering Primary Line on Family Plan

    My dad wants to switch over to Verizon because he is getting horrible voice/data coverage. His number is the primary phone on the account and his contract ends on 12/02/2014 (ETF would cost $100 correct?). Anyway, if he goes to Verizon and ports his number over, what happens to the other phones on the account? Does the next one become the primary and $20 gets taken off the monthly bill? Would the account still be under his name?
  2. #2  
    cgardnervt's Avatar

    Posts
    3,043 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

    Default Re: Transfering Primary Line on Family Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by BPHusker View Post
    My dad wants to switch over to Verizon because he is getting horrible voice/data coverage. His number is the primary phone on the account and his contract ends on 12/02/2014 (ETF would cost $100 correct?). Anyway, if he goes to Verizon and ports his number over, what happens to the other phones on the account? Does the next one become the primary and $20 gets taken off the monthly bill? Would the account still be under his name?
    If h has a main line with the a contract on it then you will want to cal Sprint first to see what they can do. You might be able to transfer it. But by default you will be charged an ETF. Give Sprint a call. If you ask them they are normally willing to work with you through these type of things. Sprint can't afford to lose more customers. Keep us updated with how this works out for you! In case others come in asking how this might work moving forward.
    CJ
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Transfering Primary Line on Family Plan

    ETF prices can be found here.

    http://support.sprint.com/support/ar...0110823-171256

    I'd talk with Sprint before he ports out. Normally it would cancel the entire account if the primary leaves. He will probably want to make someone else the primary... Then he can leave without issue.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    BPHusker's Avatar

    Posts
    131 Posts
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Transfering Primary Line on Family Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    ETF prices can be found here.

    http://support.sprint.com/support/ar...0110823-171256

    I'd talk with Sprint before he ports out. Normally it would cancel the entire account if the primary leaves. He will probably want to make someone else the primary... Then he can leave without issue.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Is that as easy as going to the Sprint store and telling them to make phone number x the primary? Once that's done he will be able to go transfer his number at Verizon without any issues?

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Transfering Primary Line on Family Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by BPHusker View Post
    Is that as easy as going to the Sprint store and telling them to make phone number x the primary? Once that's done he will be able to go transfer his number at Verizon without any issues?

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Yep. Just make sure you both are there so he can say to transfer it to you.. And you can accept it.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Transfering Primary Line on Family Plan

    This might be a good time to ask without starting another thread: can I take a phone from Sprint (Lg G2) to Verizon? I bought the phone outright on Sprint network. These are the two CDMA networks, right?

Similar Threads

  1. Looking for an app to slow the on screen mouse down even further
    By Anagoge in forum Android Central Apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-11-2014, 08:17 AM
  2. How to disable notification flash depending on time of day
    By gatorboi352 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-10-2014, 10:04 PM
  3. Wow, HTC Putting A Full Court Press On The S5...
    By PsychDoc in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-07-2014, 08:01 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-07-2014, 05:16 PM
  5. Looking for an app to slow the on screen mouse down even further
    By Anagoge in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-07-2014, 09:06 AM

Posting Permissions