Nexus 5 not receiving calls/texts on LTE

flyer8493

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Anybody in the San Antonio area having trouble getting calls and texts while connected to LTE on a tri-band device? My nexus 5 will not get calls or texts at my house.

When I leave and go a mile down the road it works fine. When I get home it works fine for about 30 min to an hour then it just stops working. My phone has been replaced and it still does it. I called sprint a few times and they can't figure it out, they are now sending me an airave since they think its the network (or the tower near my house) causing the problem. I have to force my phone to 3g and it works normally.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

tybo31316

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Anybody in the San Antonio area having trouble getting calls and texts while connected to LTE on a tri-band device? My nexus 5 will not get calls or texts at my house.

When I leave and go a mile down the road it works fine. When I get home it works fine for about 30 min to an hour then it just stops working. My phone has been replaced and it still does it. I called sprint a few times and they can't figure it out, they are now sending me an airave since they think its the network (or the tower near my house) causing the problem. I have to force my phone to 3g and it works normally.

My phone does this some times when I'm in an area with weak signal. Seems like 3g mode is the only solution until 800mhz LTE is online in your area.

flyer8493

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Except there is a tower right behind my house, so signal issue is no issue. Just got my airave today but I'm at work so I'll have to set it up later

jhasty

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem in Austin. It is not a signal strength problem. But if I switch to 3G it doesn't happen. I've been meaning to call Sprint about it.

khughes6

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
This seems similar to the problems the HTC one m8 were having. I think some phones just aren't optimized with sprints new network upgrades. They become disconnected and cannot properly connect back to the network.

Posted via Android Central App

khughes6

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem in Austin. It is not a signal strength problem. But if I switch to 3G it doesn't happen. I've been meaning to call Sprint about it.

Going to just CDMA has been a known fix for some devices. It worked for my one m7, very rarely for my m8.

Posted via Android Central App