Sprint testing tiered family data plans.

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I want this. I could save $35 off my current plan and still have 20GB of data to split among three lines, that ought to be plenty

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Slowly it begins the move away from unlimited :p.

I know one of these days T-Mobile will be following suit.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yep. Monkey see monkey do

I wouldn't really say that... It's just unlimited can't be sustained for a long time. If anything everyone's been copying T-Mobile's moves :p.

Bigballer

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Are these plans even that cheap? I mean one of the big things going for tmobile is that they wont charge you if you go over your data allowance, you'll just be throttled down to a reasonable speed.

I mean how many customers "accidently" go over their data limit and have to pay $10 dollars more amonth just because htey went over and hit 1.01 gb that month.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
This is kinda sad IMO. Sprint is known for its unlimited everything. Granted everyone who has it now will be grandfathered in to keep it I'm sure. Guess we will see where things go for them.

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Fact is people are also moving away from Unlimited.... I would much rather have a 6-8 gb bucket of shareable data for my Framily plan of 7....

1 - G'mom doesn't need any data whatsoever, the woman barely knows how to use the Sanyo Vero flip she has now. I hate that no-one can use her 1gb.

2 - My Mom and Dad, both use less than 500 Mbps, dad barely uses any data.

3 - Me and my 3 Sisters pretty much have WiFi everywhere we go, Home, Work, School.

4 - I would love for our iPad to share the same data pool, shouldn't have to buy separate plans for tablets on top of phones.

Needing to pay for separate data plans when we much rather benefit being able to pool the data. One thing I learned to love about Shareable data on Verizon... 10 gigs of Data in my circle would be like us still having unlimited, we wouldn't even notice it.

Also Sprint need to release Data Meter widgets like Verizon has on Androids. I hope they have this in place for my return in November.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Fact is people are also moving away from Unlimited.... I would much rather have a 6-8 gb bucket of shareable data for my Framily plan of 7....

1 - G'mom doesn't need any data whatsoever, the woman barely knows how to use the Sanyo Vero flip she has now. I hate that no-one can use her 1gb.

2 - My Mom and Dad, both use less than 500 Mbps, dad barely uses any data.

3 - Me and my 3 Sisters pretty much have WiFi everywhere we go, Home, Work, School.

4 - I would love for our iPad to share the same data pool, shouldn't have to buy separate plans for tablets on top of phones.

Needing to pay for separate data plans when we much rather benefit being able to pool the data. One thing I learned to love about Shareable data on Verizon... 10 gigs of Data in my circle would be like us still having unlimited, we wouldn't even notice it.

Also Sprint need to release Data Meter widgets like Verizon has on Androids. I hope they have this in place for my return in November.

True. Yeah for some it's useful but for others we still like the unlimited.

Although I accept it will be gone one day :).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci