Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why does Sprint charge twice as much for taxes and fees as Verizon?

I was looking at my old bills and noticed that Sprint charges almost double what Verizon charges in taxes and fees. Sprint did include 4 days from the previous cycle, so just a month might be slightly less. But still close to double.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Default Re: Why does Sprint charge twice as much for taxes and fees as Verizon?

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    I was looking at my old bills and noticed that Sprint charges almost double what Verizon charges in taxes and fees. Sprint did include 4 days from the previous cycle, so just a month might be slightly less. But still close to double.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/22/y4evutyd.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/22/sa3egunu.jpg

Taxes should be the same, it's the damn fees Sprint hits you with. I know for a fact their administrative fee is probably the highest out of all 4 carriers. In 2007/2008 their administrative fee was $0.75 a line, now it's $2.50 a line. Straight up BS.

I can see your bill was from 2013, sprint upped it to 2.50 recently from 1.99. It looks like most of your charges are actually taxes. This website might help you out

Wireless tax, cell phone taxes and fees by state | MyWireless.org
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Could be higher. I picked Verizon and Sprint from the same period for a fair comparison

Global Posts
    1,034 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/22/y4evutyd.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/22/sa3egunu.jpg

Someone has to foot the bill for their network vision update
    Sent from my Coconut Wireless Sony Xperia Z1S

I think we should all band together and contact a law firm that handles class action lawsuits. The case is always settled out of court, Sprint customers will get a check in the mail for a settlement fee. I made the mistake of switching from AT&T to Sprint. Sprint charges about $9.00 more a month in taxes than AT&T. What is this baloney about $1.99 "Administrative Fee"? I went in person to a Sprint retail store and asked the General Manager and he gave me a dumb look and said "I have no idea" and "if you want to cancel your account, fine with me." Sprint is a HOT MESS. From December 2nd when I first went to their store to set up a landline - I have made SEVEN visits to their store. I blew almost TWO HOURS in their store just to set up my account. The staff is not competent. Then at the very end the Assistant Manager finally told me "We do not have modems in this store, I have to go to our other branch and get you a modem". That meant another wasted trip to their store the next day to pick up the modem. Then the modem was messed up and could not get activated for an entire week. The Branch Manager assured me I would not be billed until the actual start date of activation of the modem but Sprint went ahead and billed me anyway PLUS they socked me with a $36.00 "Activation Fee" which I had in writing would be FREE due to their holiday 2014 special promotion.

I am on my way to the Sprint office right now to cancel my account because I do not trust them to honor their promise to pay AT&T a $150.00 cancellation fee for early cancellation of a two year contract I signed.

BIG MISTAKE.

I have a feeling Sprint has been scorching their customers with inflated "Govt Fees". AT&T charged me only $1.06 for Sacramento Utility Tax. Sprint charged me about $6.00. The tax is set by the municipal govt and is uniformly applied to all utilities and phone company.

It stinks.

It stinks on ice!