Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sprin...uarter_id58646

Sprint sucks. Losing 900K customers is not a good business model.
    I can say I'm not missing anything from Sprint's crap service, the roaming agreements with Verizon are the only reason to use Sprint at this point from a coverage stand point & there native coverage and there "unlimited" data (per se)
    I bet those 900,000 customers are now with T-Mobile.

Now where I live I average 25-40Mb/s during the day, upwards of 50+ at night on T-Mobile. I never saw those speeds when I was with Sprint postpaid and prepaid, I got 1-2Mb/s downloads if I was lucky.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on T-Mobile via Android Central App
    Last edited by ChristopherH1; 07-26-2014 at 10:29 PM.

Global Posts
    7,206 Global Posts
    SGH-T999v running stock 4.3

Default Re: Sprint sucks. Losing 900K customers is not a good business model.

Thanks for your input.

Mav.

I am polymerized tree sap and you are an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.

Default Re: I bet those 900,000 customers are now with T-Mobile

Not even a question in my area, T-Mobile's HSPA+ versus Sprint's EVDO, no WiMax, no LTE. Oh, and no bars inside my place.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    Not bad for the middle of nowhere Tennessee! Thanks for your input tho!
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/27/aby5y2e3.jpg

SENT FROM MY LG G-FLEX ON THE NOW NETWORK FROM SPRINT!πŸ‘βœŒ
    That's nice but I get those speeds on HSPA+ 4G lol

CFR0628 likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Had someone respond and tell me: And yet Sprint wants to buy T-Mobile? Makes perfect sense, right? then I replied: Makes perfect sense.. Sprint doesnt have the funds but Softbank does, because its bleeding customers ever day by the loads. Why not try to buy out your competitor when its getting all your customers.

It's a merger more than a purchase.
    Neither can compete with the big 2 alone.
    BTW, no problemo with Sprint here in the ATL:

Mav.

Sent from Area 51 on my Sprint LG G3.

I am polymerized tree sap and you are an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherH1 View Post
    Sprint expected to report a loss of 900,000 subscribers for the second quarter

Sprint sucks. Losing 900K customers is not a good business model.
    I can say I'm not missing anything from Sprint's crap service, the roaming agreements with Verizon are the only reason to use Sprint at this point from a coverage stand point & there native coverage and there "unlimited" data (per se)
    I bet those 900,000 customers are now with T-Mobile.

Now where I live I average 25-40Mb/s during the day, upwards of 50+ at night on T-Mobile. I never saw those speeds when I was with Sprint postpaid and prepaid, I got 1-2Mb/s downloads if I was lucky.

Wow thanks thanks for the douchey yet insightful post! How do you know they're all going to T-Mo?

Yes Sprint still has it's issues but it all depends where you live. T-Mo is good here in Chicago but it suffers from the same thing as Sprint, bad building penetration and dead zones once you get out of the metro area.

I think the rationale behind Softbank buying T-Mobile is that a bigger, better and larger company will have the power to compete against AT&T and Verizon and make them both re-think their pricing strategies.
    Last edited by buffdaddy72; 08-02-2014 at 08:09 AM.

I'd have to say it's this. Sure some went to T-Mobile but it's more people leaving Sprint for.. Pretty much anything else since they're horrible for many.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

T-Mobile ***** slapped Sprint in showing them how a proper lte rollout is done.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    ChristopherH1 likes this.

Look at their plans.

They used to be competetively priced 2-3 years ago with 1500 unlimited (best plan ever). But then they went downhill.

Now they're just as pricey as ATT/Verizon but without the network

Quote Originally Posted by buffdaddy72 View Post
    I think the rationale behind Softbank buying T-Mobile is that a bigger, better and larger company will have the power to compete against AT&T and Verizon and make them both re-think their pricing strategies.
    Corrected your spelling there Personally I think Softbank got caught with their spectrum licenses down. They figured BRS would be a good idea since they had experience with it and it worked so well in Japan, not realizing that USA = not dense and it would be terribly expensive to implement. They want T-Mobile's spectrum: the extra PCS spectrum will let a combined company do a LOT, while still keeping legacy CDMA and GSM going. In the meantime, Sprint will get AWS spectrum, of which they have none, and which is more viable than BRS spectrum, which, along with T-Mobile's 700 Mhz A-block, will probably be unloaded on some unsuspecting regional carriers.

T-Mobile's WiFi calling is also more advanced than Sprint's, and available in more devices in general, which helps a lot with the building penetration issue. Softbank probably wants that too.

Also, Deutche Telekom wants to shed its' US division. They are a motivated seller.

It will all work out in the end. It will go through, IMHO.

Mav.

Or at other carriers. Sprint Sucks in a lot of areas, but in others they are great. Unfortunately their stores don't even have coverage here. Which both sad and funny.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
    CFR0628 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ajonesma View Post
    Or at other carriers. Sprint Sucks in a lot of areas, but in others they are great. Unfortunately their stores don't even have coverage here. Which both sad and funny.

The stores don't? :what:. How would they be able to sell anything?

They have to walk outside to activate everything. Because there is no service inside.

They have to walk outside to activate everything. Because there is no service inside.

Oh wow.. That sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Oh wow.. That sucks.

Not surprised, the stores here don't have very good signal either. Surprisingly, they've got a lot of stores in the area, maybe they thought dealerships were more important than 4G service (of which there is none, not even according to their generous maps).

I had the opposite experience. As soon as you walk outside you lose signal.

I felt like they cheated and used "mini-towers" inside their stores.

Global Posts
    7,206 Global Posts

Sprint's first quarter 2014 results show they finally turned a profit | CrackBerry.com

The main issue Sprint was experiencing was losing customers, which totalled 383,000 last quarter. This has been reduced to 220,000 and while it's still a sizeable figure, the amount of customers switching is at least dropping.
    The network also added a total of 503,000 wholesale and affiliate customers during this quarter, serving over 53 million subscribers at the end of fiscal Q1 2014.
    Last edited by raino; 07-30-2014 at 03:12 PM.
    SGH-T999v running stock 4.3
    Thanked by:
    VW Maverick and Yung_Dilla like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigballer View Post
    I had the opposite experience. As soon as you walk outside you lose signal.

I felt like they cheated and used "mini-towers" inside their stores.
    Honestly they should all be doing that, a branded dealer that doesn't even bother making sure they have signal in their store would make me scratch my head.

Quote Originally Posted by npaladin-2000 View Post
    Honestly they should all be doing that, a branded dealer that doesn't even bother making sure they have signal in their store would make me scratch my head.
    How about improving their network so they don't need "cheaters"???

It's funny how some of the stores have wifi and all the display phones are connected to it.

Funny you would mention that. I went to a Sprint store a few weeks back to get my phone looked at. Bad coverage outside, as soon as I walked in, great coverage! They obviously had the Airwave turned up and blowing.
    As soon as I walk back outside, bad coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigballer View Post
    How about improving their network so they don't need "cheaters"???

It's funny how some of the stores have wifi and all the display phones are connected to it.
    Now that would just make way too much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherH1 View Post
    That's nice but I get those speeds on HSPA+ 4G lol

Despite what att and T-Mo try to tell you HSPA is actually still 3G

Posted via Android Central App
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast