Sprint allegedly withdraws bid for tmobile

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Chill-lax.
It was an uphill battle from the beginning.
Still got Softbank's money so they got that going for them, which is nice.

Mav. :cool:

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Chill-lax.

Honolulu, Hawaii is a top 50 market. with sprint we still have no 4G LTE. And the 3G speeds we have here? You are lucky if you reach 200kbs in the city. They said almost 3 years ago the network vision was right around the corner.
T-Mobile only started building out their lte last year.
With T-Mobile you get around 60-70MBs all over the place here.
How is softbank spending their monies?

Last edited:

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Aww, thats a shame.
I was lookong forward to softbanks idea for combining sprint and tmobile and starting a huge priceing war against verizon and att

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Yung_Dilla

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Chill-lax.

I don't think tmo gets money since it officially didn't go up for approval like att did. Here's a quote on it..

Sprint never officially made a bid for its smaller rival, so there is technically nothing to withdraw.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Really hoping for Sprint to turn their network around! 2-4 meg LTE just won't cut it. While they offer more coverage than Tmo (From what I know) its speeds is where they seem to fall apart. Not sure what sorta future Sprint has but it sounds like a rocky one at best.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't subscribe so I couldn't read the article in its entirety. But the question I have? Why T-Mobile And not Sprint?
T-Mobile is gaining about 1.5 million subscribers each quarter. On the other hand Sprint has been is losing customers in bunches. T-Mobile's LTE network roll out is much further ahead
Than Sprint's. The only real advantage I see is the swath of upper bandwidth spectrum Sprint has.

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
You can google the title and read the full article. The gist is that T-mobiles recent success is going to be difficult to keep up long term and they will need to find a bunch of cash for continued network upgrades and the new spectrum auction.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
You can google the title and read the full article. The gist is that T-mobiles recent success is going to be difficult to keep up long term and they will need to find a bunch of cash for continued network upgrades and the new spectrum auction.

Valid point if it wasn't for the subscriber increases. Sprint is in the same situation, but with a contracting customer base to work with. It's all a matter of which balance you want to strike, T-Mobile's looking to raise revenue by increasing subs and making a smaller profit off of each one. That's also creating downward pressure on everyone else's pricing.

buffdaddy72

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Really hoping for Sprint to turn their network around! 2-4 meg LTE just won't cut it. While they offer more coverage than Tmo (From what I know) its speeds is where they seem to fall apart. Not sure what sorta future Sprint has but it sounds like a rocky one at best.

Data speeds here in Chicago aren't really the issue for me. It's building penetration, unless your near window it's borderline useless.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Data speeds here in Chicago aren't really the issue for me. It's building penetration, unless your near window it's borderline useless.

I know Sprint is not an issue in every market. So I'm happy its working for you. Just seems to be in most markets its hit or miss. But voice and SMS seem strong from what I understand as well. So its not all bad of course.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech