Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Does Sprint Remove Subsidy Fee From Your Bill Once Your Phone Is Paid Off?

I really have had it with Verizon, and the fact that they'll be throttling those of us with unlimited data has convinced me it's time to change carriers. I know T-Mobile will stop charging you for your device once it's paid off, unlike Verizon or AT&T, but does Sprint? I'd give T-Mobile a shot but their coverage isn't very good in my area.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Does Sprint Remove Subsidy Fee From Your Bill Once Your Phone Is Paid Off?

Yes.
    They divide up the MSRP of the device and charge it over 24 months.
    Ex: My G3's MSRP is $599.99 USD and I am billed $25.00 per month until it is either paid off or I upgrade.
    You can, of course, pay more each month or put some down up front to lower the monthly charge.
    Hope this helps.

Mav.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like,
    and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Does Sprint Remove Subsidy Fee From Your Bill Once Your Phone Is Paid Off?

It does, thank you! I assume this option is available for on-contract devices as well?

For 2 year contracts, you would pay $199.99 at time of purchase and that would be it.
    You just will be in that for 2 years.
    For some, that is OK.

Mav.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like,
    and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    ROM
    Which phone?

The answer is it depends. If you buy on-contract and do a typical deal, no, the price stays the same. If you sign up for Framily, and buy the device on Easy Pay, when the device is paid off the charge drops off.

We switched to Framily at our last contract cycle, and came out a bit cheaper. It'll be significantly cheaper once the couple of device upgrades are paid for.

Device payments will vary a bit. Depending on credit, you may have to put a down payment on it, typically under $100. The remaining balance is split over 24 months, no interest. You pay the same for the device, either way.

The nice thing is, you aren't actually in a contract. If you cancel, you pay the remaining balance of the device off.

If, say, you bring a device you bought used, or you pay full price for a new one up front, you can cancel with no other fees at any time.
    Galaxy S3
    iPhone 5
    Kindle Fire
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks Nophix! I'd only have 2 lines on my plan, I'll look into the pricing of these Framily plans.