New Sprint CEO: drop prices then network improvements.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
He is certainly addressing the right things. But like the last line in the article states: executing the courses of action is the tough part.

Is this a good move for Sprint? Yes, I think so. Hopefully, it will be enough to bring them back some customers and be a competing carrier again.

Bigballer

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Mr Son's puppet???

They should have gotten rid of Hesse eons ago. How about they bring back the 1500 everything plan. You know, without the "4G" tax

Gary Friderichsohn

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I imagine these new plans will be to entice more people into their poor network. To be meaningful to me the new plans should be retroactive, but we know they won't do that as I am already hooked. Charging me 80 bucks a month for really, really slow speeds is not going to make me want to stay with Sprint. Too little, too late.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I imagine these new plans will be to entice more people into their poor network. To be meaningful to me the new plans should be retroactive, but we know they won't do that as I am already hooked. Charging me 80 bucks a month for really, really slow speeds is not going to make me want to stay with Sprint. Too little, too late.

Some people don't care about the data speeds like myself and you. However its more about the money due to a limited budget. So for people like that this is great news! Also if they focus on their network after then they can catch up with data speeds and network performance. In any case I hope Sprint can fix their issues so that most of their users can see the great data speeds that some users on here seem to get.

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I get great data speeds, but I'm usualy on WiFi so I don't run Dow to 2g speeds. But I would like them to expand their prepaid network coverage!! I'm on Virgin Mobile and at $35 a month for 300 mins and unlimited text and data 2.5 GB a month works for me!! I'm not a talker I'm a texter!! And i know they slow it after you go over but its still usable for me. Posted via the Android Central App

Mitri360

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
For me the framily pricing is great. Can't beat it anywhere. 8 people in my group making it 25 per phone, all phones are bought outright so no additional charges. What I want to come from them is data consistency. Everyone talks about speed and how fast it should be. But it really doesn't matter bursts of speed when it isn't sustained. Or when 2 people are on the network it craps out. Me personally I was great with their wimax speeds, they were more consistent than their lte has ever been.

They should worry about network capacity, coverage, consistency. Because no matter how great pricing is people will pay more reluctantly if they can't use what they pay for anyways.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The rhetoric is great, but we;ll see how good the followthrough is. Sprint's coverage where I am is still less than bad, because they put the towers where it was easiest, not where it was best. (The accounting department still drives the engineering and network departments.)

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
These are definitely areas that need work, but IMO more strategy is required. For example, what if competitive pricing works? Then they could be adding MORE people to an already strained network that they're planning to fix later. But fixing it is expensive and they'll be bringing less revenue in, meaning less available for reinvestment. So they're potentially compounding the stress level while hindering your ability to mitigate it at the same time.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
These are definitely areas that need work, but IMO more strategy is required. For example, what if competitive pricing works? Then they could be adding MORE people to an already strained network that they're planning to fix later. But fixing it is expensive and they'll be bringing less revenue in, meaning less available for reinvestment. So they're potentially compounding the stress level while hindering your ability to mitigate it at the same time.

Good points Darth.

Bigballer

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If Sprint is willing to use the logic of "you pay for what youre getting," is it safe to assume that when Network vision is finally complete one day, they're willing to jack up their prices back to ATT/verizon levels?

Gary Friderichsohn

May 20, 2012
Visit site
So...the wife and I each have phones. We share the 20G, so perhaps 10G each and we each pay $50. Not too bad. And the .5 mbps speed we get on the Sprint Network will make the 10G last awhile. But in 15 months we will have to start paying another $15 for per line access charge so that becomes $65 plus taxes. And we can add 2G ($50 each line for two) to make it a total of 12G for $115 each. Not for me. Pass.

Overstew

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
If Sprint is willing to use the logic of "you pay for what youre getting," is it safe to assume that when Network vision is finally complete one day, they're willing to jack up their prices back to ATT/verizon levels?
Device fee is already waived from now throughout 2015 on the new family plans. It'll jump back up in 2016, so technically they are going to raise the price soon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary