4G Service in Cincinnati, OH

Brent39

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Heard yesterday that Time Warner Cable here in Cincinnati will be offering 4G service starting on December 1, so I decided to switch on the 4G on my Evo and this morning actually got a weak connection in downtown Cincinnati and Covington, KY. Hopefully this means that 4G is coming December 1 from Sprint here in Cincinnati! BTW... love your site!

colestein

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I was at CVG airport on October 29 and got a slight 4G signal outside. Made it halfway to Newport and it died out. Perhaps this is good news indeed. I travel to Cinci once or twice a month and would love 4G in my hotel. $12.99 per day for broadband. I don't think so!

wadester

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why or how Time Warner would start offering a 4G service? My understanding for Sprint users is WiMax can only be delivered through Sprint and Clearwire's inter-connected networks. I don't see how Time Warner could offer it -- and even if they did, how they would make money and how it would work with our phones.

From what I heard, Cincinnati and Cleveland are officially slated for 4G service by the end of the year -- Columbus is not. : (

But, we have had reports of 4G signals here, too, and I confirmed them myself up near Polaris and downtown near Franklin University getting up to 4Mbps down. The local Sprint Store guys think they're just testing it here.

Cotano

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
If they are testing it then it doesn't make sense to take it away. It's actually expanding in columbus. Thinking sprint is going to do a ninja 4g announcement soon.

bassmanxu

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why or how Time Warner would start offering a 4G service? My understanding for Sprint users is WiMax can only be delivered through Sprint and Clearwire's inter-connected networks. I don't see how Time Warner could offer it -- and even if they did, how they would make money and how it would work with our phones.

Time Warner is offering this as a standalone mobile broadband service to use with mobile hotspots and laptop broadband cards. So, as I understand it, it is not a cell phone service and has nothing to do with Sprint.

xandrake

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
We've had 4G in Cincinnati since the launch of the Evo. I've gotten coverage in Covington and the city since I've owned the phone, but once I go north of Central Parkway I lose signal.

ZDriver

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I have 4g at my house on the north side of Cincinnati. I live by Tri-County Mall. 5.5 Mbs down, 1 Mbs up

I get signal in Reading speeds as much as 6mbps down, but it has been real inconsistent lately. It will connect to 4g, but no data, tells me their still working on it. Hope its finalized soon!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois