Should I switch from AT&T?

10pmStalker

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
So im with att right now. Contract is expiring. We will be getting three new phones. The plan is two androids being purchased and an iPhone 6 paying monthly with att Next. I dont know much about the Sprint network. What do you guys think?

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I have been with Sprint for 11+ years and had very little problems.
Customer service has improved as well.
As they are continuing to build up the network, make sure the area you are in has good reception and service.
Sprint is offering to let you "test drive" a phone for 30 days so that may be an option to confirm the phones you get will operate as you require.
Hope that helps.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from the future on my Sprint LG G3.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'd check your area. Sprint (like T-Mobile) can vary drastically depending on the location. Sensorly.com is a good place to check. It is user submitted data.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Thats really interesting. I get way more coverage in my area with Sprint than I do with att
Very cool.
Then there is nothing to stop you.
Ditch the Dark Side and join us here in The Rebellion.
We have cookies. :)

P.S. Soon there may be others who will post up their alleged horror stories with Sprint. I agree that some have had problems, but that was then and this is now.
You must do what you feel is right.
"Stretch out with your feelings." Obi-Wan Kenobi

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I'm also considering going back to sprint shortly. I like T-Mobile but that unlimited 60$ a month looking good besides the fact I gotta buy a new phone.

Sent from my T-Mobile Z730 using Tapatalk (Central n Ohio Austin IL)

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Very cool. We will welcome you back.
Sprint has turned a corner and with some new blood now in the big chair, will be getting better by the day.

Gary Friderichsohn

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Don't rely on just the sensorly website. Ask people around you "who is your provider." And then ask the ATT users to do a speedcheck. Where I am, on the Sprint network, I get point 5 mbps. I keep expecting Sprint to enable LTE here. I am sure they will shortly, but have been expecting that for two years. They have it only 14 miles away. It is about 12-14 mbps. Verizon has 24-25 mbps right where I live. So no one can tell you what to expect. You must look into the speeds and plans as they pertain to your area. I sure don't think I will ever sign another contract.

nydog

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually thinking about leaving sprint for Att because there's no LTE with sprint in my area. Sucks because i just got on the new 20gb plan

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I second VW....Sprint right now is a market by market case as theyre still overhauling the Network. The best performing markets are going to be those that are officially Spark launched like NYC were Im at. This is the best indicator as too how far long the network is and if its near completion.

I left Sprint almost 2yr ago because the Network was [removed by moderator] in NYC and got worse when they started NV. Now Sparked launched and blanketed in NYC. So now I'm coming back with the launch of iP6.

Last edited by a moderator:

Benji stark-elster

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Are you in the bay area? If so hows the coverage? My family may switch to sprints family share pack from Verizon. Were paying $180 a month for unlimited talk text and 10gb data (I usually have to increase to 12gb for $10 because 10 is barely enough and I don't let my kids watch much video on data). On sprint I'd get 28 gb data including the 2gb free a line and unlimited talk and txt for just $100 a month until the start of 2016, becoming 160 a month. I would save $1200 in two years. Also how do you test drive on a sprint phone?

Posted via the Android Central App

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Oh man I'm glad I don't have to monitor nothing but my hotspot data lol. I couldn't imagine having to stick with 10 gigs of data period a month. My wife breaks that with YouTube only lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile Z730 using Tapatalk (Central n Ohio Austin IL)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon