Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Default Re: Are you getting your Sprint EVP Discount?

I'm on the Simply Everything plan ($69.99/month) and get an EVP discount of 15% for working with NJ State
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

My husband and I are both self-employed independent contractors. Do you know if we would qualify for a discount? We're not members of a credit union.
    Grand Tech

Global Posts
    1,238 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VDub2174 View Post
    I'm on the Simply Everything plan ($69.99/month) and get an EVP discount of 15% for working with NJ State
    Yes, this plan qualifies for discounts but I've been told numerous times that the $99 unlimited plan does not qualify for ANY discounts. If anyone knows of a way to get EVP discounts applied to this plan, please let me know!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Quote Originally Posted by kmcoch View Post
    My husband and I are both self-employed independent contractors. Do you know if we would qualify for a discount? We're not members of a credit union.
    Self employed is usually 18%! Call them!
    Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Self employed is usually 18%! Call them!
    I called EVP and they said since I'm self-employed I would have to call Sprint directly (*2). I called them and they didn't have any info on self-employed people getting a discount.

would love this as well -

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

Alliant International University: Faculty and Staff get 23% off their bill for all campuses in the USA; Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Irvine, Sacramento.
    Thanked by:
    milominderbinde likes this.

comcast employees get 23% off
    Thanked by:

someone mentioned self employed getting discounts- anyone have luck with that?
    Samsung - SPH-D710

Global Posts
    2,089 Global Posts

Hi all,

Hopefully, this is the correct thread to post my question.

First, I'm going to be getting a new phone, switching from WebOS, so this is a sad day for me. But I am looking forward to being on Android and finally getting great hardware (if not entirely the OS that I wanted).

I am welcoming this change, and in no way mocking Android, it's just hard on me, since I invested so much time and money into WebOS. I had more than 300 apps on my WebOS Pre from Sprint.

OK, now to my question:

I know that getting a new phone with 4G service will increase my monthly plan by $10, which is a lot for me, considering I am on disability.

I had notice a few threads here in Android Central regarding Sprint's EVP (Employee Discount Program).

Since I no longer have an email address from my company but still receive my 'sick pay' from them, I am wondering if I can still qualify for this discount program? My pay stub is the regular pay stub I would get as a employee. It just has one line that states it's for 'sick pay'.

If that won't work, does anyone know if they give the discount if you are a member of Costco or BJ's (which I have a membership for both).

In other words, what other things can qualify me for a discount?

I am also on SSD (Social Security Disability) and receive Medicare.

I will be trying to call Sprint with the phone number listed on the first page of this thread (unless there is a different number to call) Tuesday. I am assuming that department is closed during the holiday weekend.

Thanks for your help or opinion, on getting a few buck off my bill!

Rob

PS I think I've settled on the new Samsung Epic II 4G,

I'm hoping that is the best out of the choices from Sprint (HTC EVO 4G, Motorola Proton, Samsung Epic II 4G and any other phone that might be coming out in the few weeks).
    [SIZE="2"]Robert L Astoria Queens, N.Y.C

- Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch! (SPH-D7110)
    - Asus TF300T
    - Nexus 7
    - Smartstick
    - MK808B

- Previously WebOS Palm Pre (Sprint)

I get 25% off my bill

*Correction Its only 20% not 25%*
    Last edited by KarmelVixen; 09-05-2011 at 01:07 PM.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by KarmelVixen View Post
    I get 25% off my bill
    Care to elaborate? via what organization?

Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    Care to elaborate? via what organization?
    Anthem

thanks
    Thanked by:
    Samsung - SPH-D710

Global Posts
    2,089 Global Posts

Wow!

Thanks to this thread, I will be receiving a 10% discount as a 'retire' of my company.

I called the phone number that was listed in the first post and got this guy that looked at all the options I could apply for and he is allowing the company that I went out on disability on but still receive a 'sick pay' check from them.

I just has to send him a copy of my pay stub and he will be applying the discount when I renew my contract.

I'm still deciding on whether to take the plunge with the Samsung Epic II 4G (which he said he could 'pre-order' for me and chances a good that I will receive it prior to the release date of Sept 16th (that's only a week away anyway).

I was about to say 'go-ahead' but then read about this HTC Sabor phone? If that is coming out in the next month it might be worth waiting, if not, it will be the Samsung Epic II 4G.

Thanks guys/gals!

Rob
    [SIZE="2"]Robert L Astoria Queens, N.Y.C

- Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch! (SPH-D7110)
    - Asus TF300T
    - Nexus 7
    - Smartstick
    - MK808B

- Previously WebOS Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Thanked by:

The Aol discount is for paying Aol members. Free members are not eligible.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

Quote Originally Posted by ande11416 View Post
    They just ask for your aol email address to send to you to verify.
    Milo
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM

Does the $50 SERO plan qualify for this discount?

Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ande11416 View Post
    I noted the same. I have with 5 'accounts' and even tried with my personal domain that I use through AOL for email to no avail...
    My history: Ericsson 628, 768, T10, T28 World, Siemens S12, Nokia 8290, 3390, Motorola C330 , V70, Ericsson T68i, Motorola v100, Accompli 009, Sony Ericsson P800, T300, T610, O2 XDA II, BlackBerry 6210, Sanyo SCP5300, SCP8100, VM4500, PM8200, MM7400, MM8300, MM9000, BlackBerry 7750, Kyocera KX18, MM-A900, SCP8400, Pearl 8130, Tour 9630, Samsung Epic 4G, HTC Design 4G, Nook Tablet. CO's: Omnipoint, Voicestream, T-Mobile, (Amp'd for a short time) Sprint, Verizon

25% discount for USPS employees. I was on the $69.99 plan and received the discount. I just upgraded to the $129.99 family plan and was told that I could keep the discount. I have copied the chat transcript just in case
    " There is such a thing as good grief. Just ask Charlie Brown. "--Michael Scott, The Office

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

I get 25% off for working at The UPS Store which is owned by MBE, a subsidiary company of UPS Corp.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  

Quote Originally Posted by mike340t View Post
    I noted the same. I have with 5 'accounts' and even tried with my personal domain that I use through AOL for email to no avail...
    Did you call the EVP phone number? What exactly did they say.
    Milo

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

just so you guys know, i work for one of sprint's authorized retailers and the IBM discount doesnt really need any confirmation so we usually give it to ANYONE who asks for it and enter in the codes of an old (retired) ibm employee when we need to. but if you go to a non-corporate store, they may have the same ability to do that for you, it depends on how chill the manager at the given store is. but its definitely something worth asking for

I tried the AOL thing and it said that it was only for paying AOL account members.

Anyone have a list of credit unions?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast