diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Just curious. I know Sprint has many MVNOs:

Boost Mobile
Virgin Mobile
Republic Wireless
Ting

I recently signed up with Sprint proper and am paying around $35 tax included for Unlimited Talk/Text and 2 GB Data with Mobile Hotspot on a postpaid plan

Does Sprint proper offer any advantages over the MVNOs?

I know some MVNOs have cheaper plans, but my $35 Sprint plan in pretty competitive to what Virgin Mobile offers for a similar price.

Has anyone migrated from a Sprint MVNO to Sprint proper postpaid plan and felt like they have been happier or received certain advantages?

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
This is what I found, but it says no roaming charges for Boost but I've never had roaming happen when I was in a roaming area. And RW has roaming but I don't completely understand its terms on it. And I believe Virgin doesn't even talk about or have roaming. So if you could help me that would be great.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 9113.jpg
    9113.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 9114.jpg
    9114.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 9115.jpg
    9115.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 9116.jpg
    9116.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 78

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Generally when you go with an MVNO, you are giving up customer service options. You also are prioritized lower on the network. Sprint will give its government and business customers highest priority, then post paid, then prepaid, then MVNO. So your at the bottom of the network priority list. Basically meaning if a tower is busy, you will get whats left.

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Generally when you go with an MVNO, you are giving up customer service options. You also are prioritized lower on the network. Sprint will give its government and business customers highest priority, then post paid, then prepaid, then MVNO. So your at the bottom of the network priority list. Basically meaning if a tower is busy, you will get whats left.
Thanks. So basically, if cost is the same, it is better to be on postpaid.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Boost mobile and virgin mobile usa are NOT mvno's of sprint. Straight talk, republic wireless, ting, those are mvnos.....boost and virgin mobile are wholly owned and operated by sprint and operate on the sprint network. Cricket as well is not an mvno, they are wholly owned by att........ .mvno's buy allotments and sell that to u as the consumer, a company like boost or cricket would not have to buy this allotment as they are owned by thier respective company

They still work like Mvnos either way ....your on the bottom of the totem pole in priority

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

walterg1

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
They still work like Mvnos either way ....your on the bottom of the totem pole in priority

I'm with Virgin Mobile and Sprint has done a great job on improving reception and pushing up speed.
I'm in a rural area of NC with low population.
Im now getting LTE speeds of up to 20mbps.
The speed isn't throttled and I don't think regular Sprint customers are getting any better.

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I had Boost Mobile that I use for a few days but I had to return the phone back to Radio Shack be costly sound quality was absolutely terrible. When this be better if I tried actual sprint. I am thinking of switching from Verizon to either Sprint or T Mobile but I want to make sure I am making the right decision here. I am also looking at a couple of others such as cricket Wireless. I am just curious what the sound quality is like on mainstream Sprint service is it good or does it suck like on boost mobile.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
If you had call quality issues it may have been the handset you were using or a configuration problem. It could have also been location (poor signal) or if you were calling another person with cell they could have had poor signal.
Heck not all land lines have good quality, often times if you call into a call center they are compressing the heck out of the call to get more lines in with less data usage.

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
This is true. It was with the same phone that I have on Verizon and Samsung Galaxy s3. I used it in areas that were both 1 bar and full service and all the time the sound quality was pretty crappy. How much can found on devices differ even on the same company? I know I was helping someone get a new Galaxy Note 3 yesterday and it was even clearer than my galaxy s3 and they are both on Verizon. I guess because I know three and a newer phone. but if it is the same phone the sound between the networks should have been the same but the sound I had with boostmobile was far from acceptable especially for a long phone calls. I had to use speaker phone because they're making the phone sounded to washed out.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Phones are mass produced, so its possible for the same device made months apart to have minor differences, or a bad batch of earpieces. IF it sounded good on speaker phone then the earpiece was not doing well. Or it was covered with plastic.
As far as comparing sound quality on devices. Same network does not equate good sound. Different manufactures use different software, different antennas, radios, speaker designs. So a Sprint HTC, is different from a Samsung, and LG, and others.
As far as using them on Boost, its the same network as Sprint.
one bar of service is not very good by the way.

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
This is true. The service is livable and calls did not drop. However yes I did say sevenfold he was better on speakerphone but not by much. I just had to deal with it as I was testing the company and hoping it would get better. Especially when someone's voicemail it come on or something the sound was extremely terrible. Maybe it was their particular model of the phone or something but it was The worst sound ever heard from my mobile device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463