Wheres sprints next big 4g phone!?

Youssef7

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Wheres the EVO 2?
Not the downgrade EVO Shift..:(
Wheres the 4+ inch screen. Dual Cams. Dual CORE.

Oh also make it an HTC and release it by January :)

hmmm

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
The shift is an upgrade to me. Other than not having a FFC of course. The processor, smaller screen, most likely better battery life and hardware keyboard make it a much better device for me.

granadzo

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Wheres the EVO 2?

You're asking for too much, Sprint has gone from nothing to having a decent lineup and two of the top five Android phones.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Wheres the EVO 2?

The evo shift is NOT a downgrade. The processor matches or beats the humming bird, we dont know if it will have a ffc or not and it has an HTC keyboard.

I dont see any negatives so far.

As for the Evo 2, the evo isnt even a year old... Look how long it took the G1 to get a upgrade to the G2.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
As for the Evo 2, the evo isnt even a year old... Look how long it took the G1 to get a upgrade to the G2.

It took less than a year between the OG Droid and the Droid 2. It just depends on how long Sprint wants to wait to cash in on the Evo name.

mellojoe

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Don't be too down... some of us are on ATT and we get Captivate or HTC Aria .... and thats it.

We need a flagship phone, too. :)

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey now, don't go insulting my Aria ;)

I dont think he is insulting it lol. Just saying look at what we have. Of course i wont get my android phone till after ces to see whos getting what and when if they say. But might end up with the evo unless they release the evo shift.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
It took less than a year between the OG Droid and the Droid 2. It just depends on how long Sprint wants to wait to cash in on the Evo name.

Thats because it wasnt hard. All they did was throw a 1Ghz processor on there, some bloat, and dirt-blur.

Upgrade to Evo 2 would have to be - Higher resolution screen, dual core, 2.3, newer sense version, and whatever else sprint/HTC has in the oven.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I dont think he is insulting it lol. Just saying look at what we have. Of course i wont get my android phone till after ces to see whos getting what and when if they say. But might end up with the evo unless they release the evo shift.

I know, our lineup is rather lacking. Maybe we'll get some of the new LG devices. I hope.

Thats because it wasnt hard. All they did was throw a 1Ghz processor on there, some bloat, and dirt-blur.

Upgrade to Evo 2 would have to be - Higher resolution screen, dual core, 2.3, newer sense version, and whatever else sprint/HTC has in the oven.

Maybe Sprint does that too...just throw a dual core in the Desire HD and call it the Evo 2.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Dualcore with a higher resolution screen in the desire hd body would be nice but the have to do something about that battery its just to small

Youssef7

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
My upgrade is next month! I need to get a high end phone. Because I dont want o buy the shift or evo then next 2 months a way better phone comes to sprint. lol Im not rich so Im staying with whatever I get.

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Wheres the EVO 2?

Just curious, but what's wrong with the first Evo that need a second one 6 months later. People get mad because they're coming out with newer phones that are outdating their current phones. Yet, people still want better phones.

I'm perfectly fine with the Evo, and i think it's perfectly fine for most people. I don't see a need for an Evo 2 yet.

Maybe more choices of high end phones like a Galaxy S without a keyboard or Evo with a keyboard. Or maybe some 1ghz Motorola phones.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm 6 weeks out from eligibility for an upgrade. Currently on the 8530 Berry Curve. I'm ready for a more powerful phone with a touchscreen. Thinking the Evo or Epic will be it. Will there be another choice before February that would even rival either phones?

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm 6 weeks out from eligibility for an upgrade. Currently on the 8530 Berry Curve. I'm ready for a more powerful phone with a touchscreen. Thinking the Evo or Epic will be it. Will there be another choice before February that would even rival either phones?

Yes, the HTC speedy/knight/evo shift will be landing in January. Its basically a CDMA G2. It has a better, newer gen processor than both phones (faster), a better physical KB than the epic due to it being an HTC device, and it will have better battery due to the newer gen processor. BUT, it will have a 3'7in screen which is fine with me :cool:

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Dualcore with a higher resolution screen in the desire hd body would be nice but the have to do something about that battery its just to small

I think anyone will say they're battery is just too small lol.

Just curious, but what's wrong with the first Evo that need a second one 6 months later. People get mad because they're coming out with newer phones that are outdating their current phones. Yet, people still want better phones.

I'm perfectly fine with the Evo, and i think it's perfectly fine for most people. I don't see a need for an Evo 2 yet.

Maybe more choices of high end phones like a Galaxy S without a keyboard or Evo with a keyboard. Or maybe some 1ghz Motorola phones.

I agree, I think the Evo is still one of the best phones you can get. The problem is it's about to get lapped at CES.

Speaking of CES, has anyone heard of any HTC dual core phones yet?

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The next flagship 4g phone for Sprint probably be out by Summer. The Evo is still going on strong for Sprint.

swissarmy

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I have been under the opinion since Sprint launched the upgrade a phone once a year, that they will have a flagship phone every summer. Hence, we phone "junkies" get locked in for another 2 years. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood