Sprint's $60 Unlimited Everything Plan vs $50 Unlimited Iphone Plan

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Just curios if anyone knows why Sprint offers Iphone customers a $50 Unlimited Plan when everyone else pays $60 for a similar plan?

In the past, when the 2 year subsidized contract was the norm, it always seemed like carriers were offering more incentives for Android phones. I always assumed this was because it was cheaper for them to subsidize Android/Blackberry/Windows devices than it was to subsidize Apple.

Now, it seems the reverse may be true.

I know Dan Hesse negotiated a multi-billion dollar deal with Apple a few years ago, in order to get the iphone and remain competitive with AT&T and Verizon. However, from what I remember, some people criticized him and said he may have overpaid. John Legere was also able to negotiate with Apple and may have gotten a cheaper deal.

I would still stick with Android, even if I had to pay $60 per month for an unlimited plan vs. $50 for an Iphone, but is Sprint getting some other benefit by encouraging customers to get Iphones, other than strengthening their relation ship with Apple, even if it is at the expense of Motorola, Samsung, HTC, and Microsoft?

Of course, if there is an easy way for an Android user to get the same $50 plan, my whole post is moot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay