Sprint is offering to reimburse all fees for customers to ditch current carriers.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Pretty slick, huh?

Just remember kids, you don't get to keep the phone. They will cover the remaining amount on your phone payments but you have to turn in the phone itself.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Exactly hehe. Some people will not want to make the jump because the network is just not that good. But if it IS good in your area and you don't really travel, this might be a good option.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
This looks good but how is the network?

It's smokin in the ATL. Got this yesterday:
648329e1646b4ba4733d70c1a1c3f5be.jpg

I am going to Nashville next week and Chattanooga next month and I'll check it there.

If Sprint is good in your area, this deal looks great.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band Nexus 6.

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Pretty slick, huh?

Just remember kids, you don't get to keep the phone. They will cover the remaining amount on your phone payments but you have to turn in the phone itself.

Not calling you out, because you should be 100% correct, but it's debatable, assuming they kept the same terms as their previous Buy Out offers. Are they also requesting your "current phone" at the time of activation?

If you have a minute, check out this thread:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint/468118-sprint-offers-cut-t-verizon-customers-bills-half.html

I still can't believe how everything worked out.

If your going to do this deal, it may be better to sign a 2 year contract and let them buy out your ETF.

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Can u use your phone as trade in value or nah ? Seems like a good deal though, might check into it.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6+ 

If it is anything like their other buyout offers, I doubt it That's why I'm curious if they just want your current phone.

When I was signing up in January, they had me login to my Verizon Wireless account twice. I m not sure if that was to verify my current Verizon rate plan, or that the Blackberry Curve I was giving them was truly my current device.

Also, if you are planning to do this, ask them if they will give you a print out for the phone you are giving them. Keep if for your records and ask them to notate your account if possible.

Their goal is to set you up with service and sell you a phone. They won't have anything to do with the ETF reimbursement process, but their notes and printed documetation may be useful if any disputes arrive in the future.

I'm also impressed by their promise to reimburse customers quickly. I would've figured they would want to delay the process in case they were earning interest on the money set aside to cover the buyout offer.

Smply_Rckless

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
If it is anything like their other buyout offers, I doubt it That's why I'm curious if they just want your current phone.

When I was signing up in January, they had me login to my Verizon Wireless account twice. I m not sure if that was to verify my current Verizon rate plan, or that the Blackberry Curve I was giving them was truly my current device.

Also, if you are planning to do this, ask them if they will give you a print out for the phone you are giving them. Keep if for your records and ask them to notate your account if possible.

Their goal is to set you up with service and sell you a phone. They won't have anything to do with the ETF reimbursement process, but their notes and printed documetation may be useful if any disputes arrive in the future.

I'm also impressed by their promise to reimburse customers quickly. I would've figured they would want to delay the process in case they were earning interest on the money set aside to cover the buyout offer.

Seems like to much to do to switch carriers imho. I'm gonna pass on this then, my brothers nexus 5 randomly stopped working so he jumped ship to sprint. They gave him a G3 & those LG Bluetooth headphone & also a soul Bluetooth speaker for the nexus 5. He later discovered they gave his basically $90 for the nexus as store credit. He paid a penny for the G3 because theirs like 9 other ppl on the plan he joined. I think it's that family one they offer.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6+ 

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I would probably pass too. I was looking at the terms of the new offer:

It looks like they've updated the terms:

https://promo.sprint.com/Registration/ContractBuyoutLanding?ECID=vanity:joinsprint

Bring your number to Sprint and activate on Easy Pay℠, iPhone for Life Plan or Sprint Lease.

Turn in your last phone in good working condition within 30 days via the return kit you will automatically receive once your registration for this offer has been approved.

Note: if you’ve already turned in your phone(s) via Cut Your Bill in Half Program a return kit will not be sent to you.

The phone you turn in must be the last phone you used with your prior carrier and be the phone tied to the bill that you are uploading for this Reward Card.

If you do not turn in your last competitor phone, you will be charged back up to the amount of the Reward Card you received.

They clearly state that it needs to be the last phone you used with the carrier and the phone tied to the bill you are being reimbursed for.

However, this would seem to be added to prevent those on phone payment plans from not turning in the phone they are making payments on. The previous carrier's bill would also normally state the name of the device. It is possible that those reimbursement costs could be $700+ depending on how new the phone is.

However, it is still unclear how they will judge those on standard two year contracts with ETFs of $350 or less. If they want the last phone you used with your carrier, it could be anything and it's possible that someone could be stuck in a new contract with a high ETF, but their current phone is low value because the original 'high value' phone may have been lost, stolen, or damaged.

Of course, someone that is financing a phone may have also been the victim of theft or damage, but if your bill says that you are financing a Galaxy S6 and you send them a GS3, it would be easier for them to deny or charge you later for the amount of the rebate card.

Oddly enough, here is another current Sprint ETF Buyout promo that makes no mention that turning in your previous phone at all to be eligible for the ETF Buyout.

https://promo.sprint.com/Registration/join2015Landing

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Hypnotoadd

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Oddly enough, here is another current Sprint ETF Buyout promo that makes no mention that turning in your previous phone at all to be eligible for the ETF Buyout.

https://promo.sprint.com/Registration/join2015Landing
I recently went back to Sprint after being on Verizon for a year, & am taking advantage of this particular deal. Unfortunately there was a snafu & today I had to make a bunch of phone calls to get it resolved, I was told everything is in order now & I should get the refund of my ETF fees in 3-5 weeks. There's no requirement to turn in an old phone.

Apparently since they screwed up, they were also nice enough to give me an extra $50 off this months bill & I didn't even know they were doing that until I got an email later telling me. I was a long time Sprint customer & I jumped ship last year, but went back for the unlimited data plan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy