What are the rules for Sprint & Tethering?

Thunder_strike

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Sprint & Tethering

What are the rules for Sprint with free tethering? I don't have the hotspot, but I do have unlimited data. Has anyone gotten any hassle from sprint for tethering? I don't play to do massive downloads on it. Like a couple gigs every month or so. I just want to use it to play online games, and surf reddit and stuff, because my home internet is ****.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Sprint & Tethering

Technically it is against ToS and if caught .. they can suspend you.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site

What are the rules for Sprint with free tethering? I don't have the hotspot, but I do have unlimited data. Has anyone gotten any hassle from sprint for tethering? I don't play to do massive downloads on it. Like a couple gigs every month or so. I just want to use it to play online games, and surf reddit and stuff, because my home internet is ****.

Technically it's against tos. But, you probably won't have an issue. Doesn't mean you won't, but you probably won't.

Posted via Nexus 6 with unlimited data

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

If you switch over to the Family share plan for example, I'm on the 20gb share plan between 2 devices, Hot Spot and Tethering are included in the plan.

Gary Friderichsohn

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: What are the rules for Sprint & Tethering?

I recently received a call from Sprint telling me there has been tethering on my account/number and if it happened again my account would be terminated. Just take from me, as one AC'er to another, that I haven't tethered anything. I just don't need to. I had never used Bluetooth for anything until recently ( and about the time of that call). I did forget and leave it on when I wasn't using it. Could someone have slipped in on my Bluetooth? I did not give any permission.
So if Sprint terminates my account am I responsible for paying off the contract balance? The phone is bought and paid for.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: What are the rules for Sprint & Tethering?

I recently received a call from Sprint telling me there has been tethering on my account/number and if it happened again my account would be terminated. Just take from me, as one AC'er to another, that I haven't tethered anything. I just don't need to. I had never used Bluetooth for anything until recently ( and about the time of that call). I did forget and leave it on when I wasn't using it. Could someone have slipped in on my Bluetooth? I did not give any permission.
So if Sprint terminates my account am I responsible for paying off the contract balance? The phone is bought and paid for.

No, they'd pay you out. I doubt they'll drop you though.

Posted via Nexus 6 with unlimited international data via AT&T