Feb 7th?!?! What do you think?

KOMO

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I would like to think that it's a 3D phone, I mean with all of the hype surrounding 3D as of late. I really just don't see the benefit of a "dual screen device" considering as technology has developed over the last decade we have moved away from moving parts.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The Phone Arena link is interesting, however, I have seen those slides where Nvidia has a 1 Ghz Tegra 2, a 1.2 Ghz Tegra 3d, and then the 1.5 Ghz Tegra 3 quad core. Sooo, if anything, this would have to be the 1.2 ghz chip, not the 1 ghz one, and that's just another clue at the industry first thing.

One more week.

Can't wait!

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I would like to think that it's a 3D phone, I mean with all of the hype surrounding 3D as of late. I really just don't see the benefit of a "dual screen device" considering as technology has developed over the last decade we have moved away from moving parts.

You don't see the benifit of a dual screen phone but you do see the benifit of a 3d phone? :confused:

cav22

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Speaking of time machines... What ever happeend to those rumors that the HTC EVO was going to have Gingerbread by Christmas. Could that be a possability? First, carrier specific phone to have Gingerbread?

http://www.androidcentral.com/will-my-phone-get-gingerbread

I could care less about a 3d screen, but a dual core HTC would be cool.

Edit: Or dual core LG would be ok too I guess...

Last edited:

original00

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if this is still what Sprint has for next week. Weird that LG would rain on Sprint's parade if this was the "BIG" announcement. Let the speculation continue....

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if this is still what Sprint has for next week. Weird that LG would rain on Sprint's parade if this was the "BIG" announcement. Let the speculation continue....

I agree. If a manufacturer has a deal with a carrier to have an event to announce something, it would be more than unlikely for the manufacturer to confirm the existence of a rumored device before it's supposed to be introduced to the public. I think we now can firmly rule out the LG Optimus 3d as well as the Galaxy S2 as candidates for what Sprint might have in store for us. Who is left? HTC? Well, they use Snapdragon chips, is the Snappy 2 ready? HTC was working on 3d technology, are they really that far along with the process that they are ready to make this announcement? How about Motorola? They have only supplied Sprint with Beep Beep phones for the last few years, and they showed a good portion of their cards at CES already. So...I am at my whits end....6 more days...

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I agree. If a manufacturer has a deal with a carrier to have an event to announce something, it would be more than unlikely for the manufacturer to confirm the existence of a rumored device before it's supposed to be introduced to the public. I think we now can firmly rule out the LG Optimus 3d as well as the Galaxy S2 as candidates for what Sprint might have in store for us. Who is left? HTC? Well, they use Snapdragon chips, is the Snappy 2 ready? HTC was working on 3d technology, are they really that far along with the process that they are ready to make this announcement? How about Motorola? They have only supplied Sprint with Beep Beep phones for the last few years, and they showed a good portion of their cards at CES already. So...I am at my whits end....6 more days...

You only seem to be speculating phones here. I am almost positive it will be something to do with service. I am sure there will be a device or two in there too but the 'big' announcement will be service related.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I did a search on Google News, in the Sci/Tech section, and one article suggested it might be a dual screen tablet, possibly with 3d. Ugh, please, not another tablet...We need a kick ass phone!

Q-fugee

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
On Monday, do we change this thread to an official discussion of what it really is, or turn it into a gloating/crow-eating thread?

I promise to come back and eat crow if I'm wrong, or just plain crow if I'm right :)

For the record, I voted for 3D screen and can't take it back even though better dual-screen evidence surfaced later. Dual screen seems more plausible so I'm probably gonna be looking for crow sauce. If it's both I'll eat a wing.

--Qfg

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I think we can turn it into a official discussion on the results. For now we can only speculate of what those are until monday.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

star444

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
We have a friend who's a corporate sprint rep. She's hinting this would be a neat phone for sprint, but would neither confirm nor deny it's monday's announcement.

Flip Phone – Smartphone Concept by Kristian Ulrich Larsen ? Yanko Design

I think that looks cool. Whether or not I would use it depends on: whether I could carry it in a pocket, how much it would weigh, and how much it would cost.

I'm thinking it probably wouldn't hit the stores until after April 1 when the upgrade policy changes. :(