Changes to Sprint Premier Program

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Well, sorry but I am one who complained about a 6 month customer getting the same perks as 10+ customers (I am 13+) - So I am happy they listened - Did they go far enough for the long time folks? It makes sense, churn is any carriers enemy so you should reward those that stick with you...6 months ain't a history of sticking nor is 2 years for that matter.

Many industries have figured this out, now if cable and satellite carriers could just figure it out. :)

I agree with rewarding the 10 year+ customers but I feel that Nextel time should count.

turbofan

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Well, sorry but I am one who complained about a 6 month customer getting the same perks as 10+ customers (I am 13+) - So I am happy they listened - Did they go far enough for the long time folks? It makes sense, churn is any carriers enemy so you should reward those that stick with you...6 months ain't a history of sticking nor is 2 years for that matter.

Many industries have figured this out, now if cable and satellite carriers could just figure it out. :)

This is a jacked up way of thinking. Sprint HAS to create perks for new cuwtomers because they need new customers! And there's no reason for Sprint old timers to carp, 10 + years and you get your yearly upgrade no matter the plan cost whereas new customers have to have a high MRC.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm about to root my Evo and go hog wild with free tethering, so I'll be getting my premium data's worth. In the future, I've decided that it'll be cheaper for me to go with a pre-paid dumb phone and a good Android tablet with a minimal data package. $36/month for the two. I'm tired of paying for crap I don't even use.

Reactions: TFlo

Burt Reynolds

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I haven't bothered to look into it, but I would assume these new guidelines would qualify as a "material change" in your contract, providing you with an opportunity to cancel service W/O the ETF.

Or maybe I'm missing something.

SanGo

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I haven't bothered to look into it, but I would assume these new guidelines would qualify as a "material change" in your contract, providing you with an opportunity to cancel service W/O the ETF.

Nope, it's a perk that is "subject to change at any time without notice" so no ETF waiving.

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site

I don't think it's really a change to your contract. I'm pretty sure the Premier program is considered a promotion, so it has nothing to do with your contract. There isn't anything in your contract that says when you get an upgrade.

Anyone know if there's a place on Sprint's website where you can check how long you have been a customer? I think I started with Sprint in 2001 so this year would be 10 for me.
Sent from my HTC EVO 4G with Tapatalk

ChrisGonzales90

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Extra $10 charge

While Sprint made news with adding an extra $10 charge, I look at it this way.

$10 is nothing compared to your dailly $4 cup of coffee. I mean,. if you can afford that, you can afford the $10 surcharge.

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
While Sprint made news with adding an extra $10 charge, I look at it this way.

$10 is nothing compared to your dailly $4 cup of coffee. I mean,. if you can afford that, you can afford the $10 surcharge.

Actually since it appears you have a 4G EVO.. There is no extra charge as they had that $10 charge since last year...

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I will have that charger appear when my girl upgrades on her phone. She has a Pre right now. I am a little upset that they are doing this, but at the same time, they are probably hurting in the data department so this might help them out too.

SteeloC15

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to find where it tells me how long I've been with Sprint. I know it's prob close to 10 years but would like to know exactly how long... Any Help?

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking about not upgrading this year anyway, saves me the 200 dollars. This still leaves a bad taste in my mouth though, other than cheap plans, Sprint doesn't have too much going for them. I want to see them grabbing more customers, and by making the Premiere program more restricted, they aren't exactly enticing anyone.

FatalErrorz

Banned
Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking about not upgrading this year anyway, saves me the 200 dollars. This still leaves a bad taste in my mouth though, other than cheap plans, Sprint doesn't have too much going for them. I want to see them grabbing more customers, and by making the Premiere program more restricted, they aren't exactly enticing anyone.

I'm eligible Feb 1, but was going to wait until they had their announcement on the 7th before deciding...

Bigfame

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
All you guys that are saying you HAVE 10+ years, YOU BETTER MAKE SURE. I have been a customer since 1999 and when I called in today to see what their systems is telling them, I was told it showed I have a date of 2005. What happened is they changed their systems in 2005 and YOU HAVE TO CALL AND ASK THEM TO PUT IN PAPERWORK to look back to see when you actually started with Sprint. Most people don't know this. They filed paperwork for me today and it will look at my account via my SSN to see when I actually started with Sprint. Just a heads up. Don't get caught with your pants down, so to say.

dark_dj27

May 29, 2010
Visit site
So will the "Everything Data Family - with Any Mobile, Anytime" plan with 3 lines qualify for gold?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463