Changes to Sprint Premier Program

cmacelis

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Sprint is making some changes to the Premier program that we all love, the new details are that they are going to have a Silver and Gold Premier program. The Silver Program you get an upgrade every year but only $75 and you still get the discounts on accessories.
Silver - $75 upgrade per year or $150 at 22 months.
Requirement:
$69.99 individual plan, or
$99.99 shared plan

And Gold Program, seems like you have to be on one of the Top tier plans or have been with Sprint for 10 Years. The thing is this will start on 04/01/2011, so if your premier upgrade was suppose to be on 06/01/2011 (Like most of us Evo Users), you now have to wait until 2012, unless you already fall into the Gold category.

Gold - $150 upgrade every year
$89.99 individual plan, or
169.99 shared plan, or
10 years with Sprint.

Here is the link

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/251774

Last edited:

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I just got my upgrade and got a new Evo. Seems like cellphone carriers are getting horrible each and every year. Meh, if nothing improves by the time my contract is up, I'm just going to say **** it and go with a simple phone that's prepaid.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Looks like my plan is going up to the 89.99, so that I can still get that 1yr upgrade. Can't keep a phone longer then a year, and even at 89.99 it's still cheaper then VZW.

I.R.R.V.

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone think that this has anything to do with it possible jesus phone announcement? Didn't vzw change their upgrade policy leading up to the jesus phone? Just saying is all.......

SdotJ

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Hmm looks like sprint is hoping to push the higher plans here. Lol I guess Im in luck thanks to having a family plan with four lines. Kind of wondering if a one year plan is possible in the future though.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I had a feeling this was going to happen.. I'm good either way - I've been with Sprint since Omnipoint... I believe this is the beginning to more changes to come.

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Sprint tweeted this morning about the data plans, but that all smartphones will be subject to the $10/month premium like the Evo/Epic/Shift.

I think we should admit that since new devices have not gone up in price, the carriers may have been eating it in the pocket book over the past couple years with the down economy. Compare what a $200 device can do now vs what a $200 device could do three years ago....I had a Samsung Instinct...nuff said.

It's difficult as a consumer to deal with price hikes, but now more people will be helping foot the bill for 4G expansion, and possibly more to come with actual carrier service quality which really hasn't improved very much over the past couple years if you compare it to how much better the devices have become in the same time.

Now that you bumped up the price....bring on the Iphone 5 mfers!

msoprano13

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure about you guys but I don't even think I turned my 4G on yet and i have had the evo for the past 6 or so months. I use wi-fi at home and pretty much everywhere a connection is available and 3G is pretty fast to begin with.

cheburashka

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Same for me. I have epic and used 4g like 2x, no more than 30 minutes total. Sadly Miami and Ft Lauderdale both have 4g but not in the area where I live, so I'm out of luck in that sence. Like many others: stuck paying for a service that I'm not getting. Sprint's 3g is quite good here, but I'm almost always on wifi both at home and at my university. My average usage is like 300+MB or so per month since september.

Tisk tisk tisk, Sprint. If I find out that I'm also ineligeble for gold premiere when my 1 year upgrade is up, I. May just jump to ATT or TMo. Better yet, maybe I'll just get a tablet (galaxy tab 2 or PalmPad) and use it as wifi only.

smileshappy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Looks like they are following the other companies that have the i-phone.

Maybe sprints announcement next month is they will be the first 4G wimax I-phone carrier.

I have been with sprint for 11 years. If the $10 helps roll out more towers and 4G.... so be it. Here in Down River (south east Mi) 3G speeds are horrible. Towers down etc is what Sprint has stated. Maybe they are working on 4G here.

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't think time with Nextel counts. I started in 98, jumped to Sprint when they merged for service - that Nextel chirp still grinds on my nerves like chalk on a board

Anyway, when I look at my premier status, it shows time with Sprint.

Now the good thing, my foreman is still on Nextel and is elgible for upgrade, just like me. So if they jerk around, I can hopefully use his . . . hm, but happy with Epic and don't need anything now.

woodiah

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Well, sorry but I am one who complained about a 6 month customer getting the same perks as 10+ customers (I am 13+) - So I am happy they listened - Did they go far enough for the long time folks? It makes sense, churn is any carriers enemy so you should reward those that stick with you...6 months ain't a history of sticking nor is 2 years for that matter.

Many industries have figured this out, now if cable and satellite carriers could just figure it out. :)

Reactions: TFlo

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo