Talk and data at the same time?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I just think voice over LTE is silly and not necessary and people are just whining because they don't have their used to does my phone make phone calls yes it does does it get there yes it does doesn't text yes it does. So the phone works and works quite well voice over LTE with a nightmare when Verizon first had it people dropped calls all the time and they were really upset so that problem would only be worse on Sprint. Also I bet you it cost the carrier a lot of money so why spend money just to make your customers feel like they have a fancy feature give them something that works I don't care if it's fancy or not just make sure it works and works reliably which Sprint does period also and my dad were congestion on the LTE network I think boys over LTE is overrated

I definitely don't see it as overrated -- neither do most people. Especially when it comes to navigating somewhere and talking on the phone. It is also convenient when someone sends you something you don't have to hang up just to see it. Also no -- it doesn't cost a lot of money. It uses the LTE connection that is there already and just routes the call through it. Not to be rude but I would read up on it before just saying random things about it ;).

It is cool if you don't care for it but you are definitely not in the majority. Many people rely on this and enjoy it -- we see it tons when people get a new phone and can't do it anymore on Sprint since they go from the old dual radios to the single radio.

cell adviser

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Yeah it does cost money people because there has to be sure to be enough LTE signal for everyone to be able to make phone calls. Think about it they're already date of Oz and congestion in many areas. I guess I'm not most people. LOL I just think talk and date at the same time is sort of a nip pic complaint as long as it works. It is nice to have that though I do give you that. I guess it is cheaper just to have one LTE network is to do LTE and then GSM and all the other stuff. Set an alarm when it probably is better and definitely give you a much clearer audio but also a lot more drop calls because it's not all that hard to drop LTE. Reliability is more important to me than anything else latest feeds anything. If people want of using their unlimited data plans and using all the network resources this would be fine. As it is it's going to be a struggle I. As it is it's going to be a struggle I think

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it does cost money people because there has to be sure to be enough LTE signal for everyone to be able to make phone calls. Think about it they're already date of Oz and congestion in many areas. I guess I'm not most people. LOL I just think talk and date at the same time is sort of a nip pic complaint as long as it works. It is nice to have that though I do give you that. I guess it is cheaper just to have one LTE network is to do LTE and then GSM and all the other stuff. Set an alarm when it probably is better and definitely give you a much clearer audio but also a lot more drop calls because it's not all that hard to drop LTE. Reliability is more important to me than anything else latest feeds anything. If people want of using their unlimited data plans and using all the network resources this would be fine. As it is it's going to be a struggle I. As it is it's going to be a struggle I think

It doesn't cost more -- it costs them more to run CDMA and LTE at the same time. If they get everyone on LTE for data AND calls -- that is one thing for both tasks ;).

cell adviser

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
When Sprint gets voice over LTE will that call Quality be better. Not always thebest that being said then I take back my earlier comments guess I was wrong. Also the next concern is how often calls will drop. I noticed one walking around or in a car something the signal always jumps to Bars 3 bars 2r0 bars one bar constantly jumping. Wouldn't that make a call drop when I hit the bars. Also what about when in 3G or would it do that. I always assumed that the CDMA voice was still day that anyway cuz everything is dead at the end of the day right

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
When Sprint gets voice over LTE will that call Quality be better. Not always thebest that being said then I take back my earlier comments guess I was wrong. Also the next concern is how often calls will drop. I noticed one walking around or in a car something the signal always jumps to Bars 3 bars 2r0 bars one bar constantly jumping. Wouldn't that make a call drop when I hit the bars. Also what about when in 3G or would it do that. I always assumed that the CDMA voice was still day that anyway cuz everything is dead at the end of the day right
And that's a problem Sprint would have to fix with densifying their LTE signal. So far with Verizon LTE holds for me outside and inside the buildings I go to.

cell adviser

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Not really. It seems to still have signal it's just the signal always jumps around. Especially when in the car or train or something is always LTE one bar to bar 3 bar one bar Zero Bar one bar. Sometimes even sitting still I can change. And very few instances of it not actually working though

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Not really. It seems to still have signal it's just the signal always jumps around. Especially when in the car or train or something is always LTE one bar to bar 3 bar one bar Zero Bar one bar. Sometimes even sitting still I can change. And very few instances of it not actually working though

Cell signal is always changing -- there is no such thing as a static signal. Also cell bars are a very bad way to judge cell signal as each phone displays "bars" differently.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
And why can't HD voice be used for all calls that's one Sprint shows their good point is with HD calls
T-Mobile HD voice calls on VOLTE is very loud and crystal clear too while simultaneously using talk and data at the same time. I use this feature evey morning and afternoon while using Waze to navigate traffic and at the same time talking to someone on the phone. So I'm not even sure why one would gripe or discount having this feature to begin with? Even if I didn't use it the way I do? I would still appreciate the fact that I have it because I'm paying every month to get the best value and service for my buck. And at some point I would be using simultaneous voice and data on purpose or not.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad