Sprint - Extending Contract Incentives

verngator

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site

Cross post from another forum...

After reading this link on the $4.99 Sprint fees for accounts with spending limits, I called Sprint at *2 to determine what new fee(s) if any will apply to my account. The rep was very helpful and advised that since I didn't have a spending limit on my line, only the $.40/line fee would change.

I thanked him and was about to hang up when he mentioned that he would offer me $70 per line today to extend my contract another two years. I have four lines and will be out of contract in June, and will be eligible for reduced-pricing on new phones in April. I had planned on picking up a Hero on eBay in order to save the reduced pricing for another line, and had also planned on doing some kind of bargaining in June when my contract expires. The rep told me I could keep my upgrade pricing for April if I extend.

I told the guy to call me back later today as I was busy. So he called me back later and told me that he could re-set the phone upgrade date on one of my lines...then advised me to go to Best Buy and pick up the Hero for $179.99. Oh, and he was still going to give me a $280 credit on my bill. I called Best Buy to make sure this was possible...they said "yes".

Does this sound too good to be true?

Anyway, if any of you are already thinking about extending or bargaining, today might be a good day to do it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz