Cancelling acocunt with Airrave on it?

CMeys

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
After many, many, many years with Sprint, we are moving to Verizon (service issues where we live and travel plus price is no longer better at Sprint).

We have 4 phones on a Sprint contract. All we be out of contract in a month and at that time will move them to join an existing Verizon account presently with 1 phone (will go with the new non-contract plan).

The issue is that the Sprint account has an Airrave on it. Sprint gave it to us years ago because of reception problems in our home. The thing stopped working completely a few years ago, and I just tucked it away, keeping it in case Sprint would ever want it back. Problem is that we moved to a temporary location (for around another year) and the Airrave is packed away with other stuff we didn't expect to need. Will Sprint insist on its return to get the whole account closed or will they believe me if I tell them it stopped working (hasn't been connected for at least 3 years if not more) and I don't have it. Or will they try to charge for it? If so, how much?

Anyone have any experience with this? If so, please share!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Just give them a call and request an air rave return kit. I did this for my dad. They'll send the package and you simply put it in there / send it back. After that you're good :).

CMeys

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Just give them a call and request an air rave return kit. I did this for my dad. They'll send the package and you simply put it in there / send it back. After that you're good :).
If you'll note in the OP, the problem is that I don't have the Airrave accessible. It is hidden away in storage and it would be very difficult to get to it -- almost impossible until we move possible close to a year.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
If you'll note in the OP, the problem is that I don't have the Airrave accessible. It is hidden away in storage and it would be very difficult to get to it -- almost impossible until we move possible close to a year.

Then you have to pay for it.

Posted via Nexus 6 with unlimited international data via AT&T

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Ah I missed that.. Sorry was at a pool hall at the time.

Sadly they'll make you pay for it then. I highly doubt they'll wait for it to be returned since you will be leaving them.

CMeys

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Do you think there is any chance I can negotiate a lower price than $200 since it hadn't been working (or used) for a number of years?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Do you think there is any chance I can negotiate a lower price than $200 since it hadn't been working (or used) for a number of years?

My guess would be no. The only shot you have it to call customer service and talk to them about it. I don't see them giving much wiggle room though. I never had luck with Sprint and trying to get them to negotiate.

CMeys

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
That's what I was afraid of. We'll probably have to eat the $200 -- it is almost impossible to find the Airrave at this point.
Thanks.