CTIA and Sprint

Fitz39

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
as a epic4g owner and a devoted sprint customer I'm anxiously waiting for the ctia convention to be held in march. since sprint was quiet at ces and mwc doesn't focus much on the us market, I'm really hoping to hear some good news from sprint at the convention. I know the galaxy S2 was recently announced, but frankly I'm a little dissapointed with samsung. one because as I'm writing this my epic4g still is not running froyo. although its suppoed to begin pushing out on Monday, it is still only after the announcement of samsungs new product. that timing REALLY agrivates me. so come on ctia let's introduce some new hardware for sprint!

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm happy the update is coming. Was having some issues I couldn't bear with some custom roms and flashed back hoping this was true.

However I have an update ready and I'm going to be opening a new line soon. Waiting on htc to put something out. Not going to be going with samsung again. This will make the waiting more bearable, hopefully.

brillrick

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, the EVO 4G was announced at CTIA 2010. I think it would be safe to assume that Sprint would want to announce the follow up for it a year late. Unlike other the other US carriers, Sprint has had 1 flagship device for a full year, I think the time is right for an EVO 4G 2.

On a side it's amazing when you think about it, that almost 8 months after it's release the EVO is still consider not only one of the best phones on sprint, but one of the best android phones period. It is only now, that there are phone coming out that really match up to the EVO. It's specs have really stood up. You can't really say that for too many android phones.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what I'm more pissed about: that the update is just coming now, or that this $125 they will give you to port a number over will be gone by the time the come out with these new phones.

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
All the HTC's that were announced early this week leave a lot to be desired. At least for me. I hope that they come out with something better for Sprint. I also want the new cdma blackberries to be announced. I just want new good phones to be announced really. I have had all the phones that they have now (well good ones anyways) and am getting bored so would like to switch to something else but there is nothing. It will be hard to wait until summer with no new phones!

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
For me the only phone announcement of interest since the EVO has been the Atrix, and it is of course unavailable on Sprint. Plus I'm not keen on the slightly smaller screen size, despite the pull of other attractive features.

So I'm waiting anxiously for this upcoming event!

Sent from my Sprint EVO using Tapatalk

Fitz39

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
i definitely want to see what lg had to bring to the table. i hope htc had left something up its sleeve for sprint. but whats most unfortunate is that motorola doesnt make any high end android devices for sprint.

myalover

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I am also getting a little anxious waiting for some new hardware. I've been really happy with the Evo, but with the constant hardware news on the other carriers, the lifespan of a cell phone in my use is getting to be less than a year. While HTC has proven itself as the one of the best hardware makers out there, I'm really excited to see something high end come from LG.

Sprint, I trust you will not disappoint us!

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Don't worry about Sprint. They are definitely at CTIA 11 this year. For all of you, the dates for CTIA 11 is from March 22 -24 at the Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, Florida. I check the exhibitor's list. Here is a link to that page:

Exhibitor List

S

Company Name Booth #

Sprint 3076, MR-501,507,513,702,708,712

It looks like they have a few booths. Hopefully they have some nice new phones to announce.

Fitz39

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
yes! can't hardly wait. I will most certainly be paying very close attention. thanks for the new. btw looks like sprint and t mobile showing up bigtime. my girl will like that. she has the mytouch slide:)