How's your service been?

Jay G63

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Just curious if anyone else is experiencing issues on the Sprint network
My issues. My phone is the Galaxy Note 5. I've If I'm using data and i get a call after i try to go back online my things will not connect or my lte drops to 3g. I have to restart the phone in order to get it working again.
Anyone else experiencing the same type of problem?

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Weird.
I recently received this e-mail from Sprint which may answer you concerns:

"As part of a network upgrade among all carriers, Sprint will soon begin to adjust towers across the country and a PRL update is required for your device(s). If you do not update the PRL, you could see service impacts in the future.

To learn how to update your device, go to Sprint's Web Support page at www.sprint.com/support and type "update PRL" and your device name and follow the instructions.

Making these changes now will enable you to avoid service disruption as these changes take place. Thank you for your business."

I was going to suggest you update your PRL. :)

Mav. :cool:

Jay G63

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I actually update my prl and profile at the very least once a week. Did it this morning as a matter of fact. Maybe the adjustments they are making aren't complete yet in my area. Only time will tell. Does no good to contact tech support because everytime I do they have some excuse and apologize.
I've got one more year with them and I've already given them 6 so if things don't change I'll have to look into other carriers.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I actually update my prl and profile at the very least once a week. Did it this morning as a matter of fact. Maybe the adjustments they are making aren't complete yet in my area. Only time will tell. Does no good to contact tech support because everytime I do they have some excuse and apologize.
I've got one more year with them and I've already given them 6 so if things don't change I'll have to look into other carriers.

Is this a habit people should get into? I would have never even thought about doing this again.

Jay G63

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Ever since I've been reading forums for years it was some advice i was given and a practice I follow. I'm probably doing it more than necessary.

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My service has been poor for the last month or so. I get 3g and sometimes my phone will drop to 1x. Maybe it is because they are updating the towers. I don't know.

oneeyecarpenter

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
When my service acts up, I go into Sprintzone or main setting app, system updates, and then update profile and prl (preferred roaming list) if needed. They tell you this in the Sprintzone app that it can clear up connection issues. And on occasion, turn phone completely off and back on (reboot) to improve operation.

djdonnyk

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I've been having issues traveling down the I 20 interstate between Louisiana and Dallas Texas.

My phone will go from Lte to 3g for almost 40% of the 200 mile trip? I try turning off and on but no luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12